MY BABY GIRL GETS DISCHARGED-
August 19, 2009
We got the great news the day before that Mckaylee was ready to come home! She was in the NICU for 15 days. Other than having jaundice, Mckaylee did awesome in the NICU. She was a rockstar and breezed through each goal stage. First stage is having one successful nursing or bottle feed per shift (12 hr. period) two days in a row while also gaining weight. Stage 2 is two feeds per shift for two days while gaining weight and stage 3/4 is all feeds with nursing and bottle for 2 days while gaining weight. She was born at 4lbs 8 oz and got down to 4lbs 5oz. When we left she was about 4lbs 11oz. It was bittersweet and kind of my nightmare come true because I had to leave one of my babies behind...we wish you could come with us Stockton. He's doing really good too. He just doesn't have the energy to feed as well as she does. He'll get there soon...I sure hope its sooner than later.

Brother and sister saying goodbye to each other.

My precious little guy

Mckaylee's first bath! She was so tired the entire time. She did so good!

She's kind of little froggie sometimes

All done and all clean and so content!

Got to warm her up after

Last family picture in the NICU. I really hated leaving Stockton there.

I love this picture

Mckaylee waving goodbye to her nurses. They had the best nurses at IMC! Their primary care nurse was a girl named Hillary and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. She loved my little babies so much. As a mom it was very relieving leaving knowing they were in good hands.

She's so little in the carseat

Mckaylee at home in her crib. I think she has a few years to grow into it.

As soon as Boston heard crying he became very curious. He has done pretty dang good with her. He likes to sniff her, but he'll stay away for the most part and has never tried to jump up. He's going to be a great protective dog!!!!

Mckaylee's first feed at home. And now the fun begins....(well at least partially)
11 comments:
Yay! I am so happy for you! I am sure it was so hard to leave your little guy there but he will be there with you guys before you know it. Cant wait to meet them!
Ker.....that is so exciting you were able to bring your baby girl home. Hopefully Stockton will be able to come soon. You guys are the cutest parents ever. I hope you guys are able to get into a routine and master this parenting thing. Miss you guys!
I am so happy she came home. They are both so little and cute!! Don't worry, Boston will get used to it and they will be best friends!
yay! that is so awesome and we're so, so happy for you guys!
CONGRATS!!!! I am so happy for you guys! Stockton and McKaylee are beautiful! So glad McKaylee was able to come home and hope Stockton can be discharged soon. What a darling family or 4 you are!:D
CONGRATS!!! You guys look like a perfect little family. =)
I can't believe how little McKaylee looks in her carseat! Your babies are so cute and I can't wait to see them. Let me know if you need any help in the afternoons!!
Congrats!!! You guys are amazing! I don't know if I could pump and nurse and pump and feed two babies for that long and for that long back and forth in the hospital and at home!!! YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!!! Nice work, seriously that is awesome! You can do it! I believe in you!!! I am so glad she came home and hopefully soon Stockton too!:)
Love it love it love it!!! Oh Ker they are just the cutest things in the whole world. I am DYING to see them again. Love you so much and am so happy things are working out so well. You are in our prayers every night! Love you guys! xoxo
Keri! Congrats! I am so happy that you were able to bring your beautiful baby girl home! I can't believe you still manage to update your blog! You make us all look bad! Hope to see you soon! Love ya!
Keri,
Congrats! They are beautiful! I hope your little guy makes it home soon. Good Luck with everything and by the way you look fabulous!
Post a Comment