MOAB 1/2 MARATHON
MARCH 20, 2010
Tay and I ran the Moab 1/2 (Canyonlands 1/2 marathon). It was such a fun race! It was very cold waiting, but once we started running the weather was perfect. The race started at 10am which is later than normal but it was nice because it was warmer by the time we ran and we got to sleep in until 6:45am. I know that doesn't sound late, but for a race that is super late and I don't usually wake up any later than that with my babies. We left our babies with my mom for one night. It was kind of a nice break to be baby-less, but I sure did miss them a lot. Thanks Mom!!!! We were bused up at 8:15am. We just had to freeze too death in the cold for a couple of hours. It is a beautiful canyon and it was a beautiful run. This was my first race since a few months before getting prego with the twins. I loved it! It felt so good to just run again. The adrenaline you get from racing is the best. The canyon was the perfect terrain. I thought it was going to be really downhill, but it was more like slight rolling hills. We ran in the canyon for the first 10.5 miles. The last few miles were in the town. I loved the course! Tay finished the race in 1:30:56 and I finished in 1:33:01. That was my best time for a 1/2 marathon. Sorry the following information is for journaling purpose...just ignore :) I took 4th in my division, 21st in the women, and 136th out of everyone. There were 3280 people that ran the race. The weather couldn't have been more perfect for running. I for sure would love to do that race again! Here are a few pictures...

Getting ready to load the buses

At the beginning of the finish line waiting to start

It was such a beautiful course that ran along the river in the canyon.

This is just a shot of the beginning with everyone getting ready to go

Finish line

We're done!!!
We took a little breather at the park with some good post race food and a little stretching. Then we got in our car and headed home to our beautiful babies! We sure missed them but it was nice to have a little time together :)
9 comments:
Congrats, Keri! That's an amazing time! Sounds like a fun weekend!
You are amazing!!!
CONGRATS! such an awesome accomplishment! I'm excited to see you finish at the SLC one!xoxo
You guys are amazing!! I can't run for the life of me, it kills my knees.... Congrats!! and holy cow taking 4th in your division that is huge!
Nice Job. You guys ROCK!
Great job! You guys have certainly proved you can do anything!
Way to go Keri! You are such a super woman!!! I love that race- I did it a few years ago and it was so gorgeous. Let's get together again soon, we need a girls night!
that's awesome! you guys are incredible or as andrew likes to call you "Greek Gods" :)
7 min mile. that makes me nausous! way to go that is so wonderful. ally
Post a Comment