This is such a fun stage...I love being home with my angels. Mckaylee is going through this funny stage right now where she just laughs all day long. It's her way of talking I guess. I just laugh along with her. Developmentally they are both a little behind so right now Mckaylee is mastering sitting on her own and Stockton is mastering rolling over from his back to his tummy and tummy to back. Stockton doesn't sit quite as well and Mckaylee doesn't roll so they both have their strengths. They are both very interactive! They love attention from me, each other, Taylor, and Boston. They love their doggie! They are both really good nappers and really good kids during the day. I hardly ever feel overwhelmed. It's just fun! The only not fun part is trying to catch them up to their peers....

My little guy can't be any cuter. He has the funniest personality and is such a joy to be around. The only problem is he is the WORST sleeper! He wakes ups 4-6x a night! A few months back he was basically sleeping through the night and now he has decided to wake up. We let him cry it out for 2 weeks straight and it still didn't change so I started feeding him in the night because he isn't the best eater during the day and eats good at night. He still was waking up just as much. So last night we decided to put him downstairs in one room and I slept in the other room. He did a little better so I'm hoping this will work. On one hand I know he shouldn't be waking up so much, but on the other hand I'm torn because I want him to get as much food as possible. For now I have decided to feed him once in the night. If anyone has suggestions for sleeping and eating better in the day please let me know. He's really good with solid foods (fruits not veggies) but just isn't doing so great with his bottle. Anyways, he is the cutest little guy in this world. I don't know two more handsome guys :)

6 comments:
I dont have any advice for you cause I have no idea what I am doing myself. But he is such a little stud! Can we have a play date soon even though my babe with probably just sleep the whole time!?!?
oh they are so cute... I can't wait to see them soon! I love that pics of tay and stock- very handsome boys!
Keri they are so cute!!! My only advice to you is don't worry about them being behind their peers. Lance was over a month early and he didn't crawl until 12 months or walk until 15 months, but he is totally normal. Kids do things at their own pace. I know it is stressful with your first, but they were premies and they will catch up eventually. You are such a cute mamma!
Are you doing bottles? Maybe try mixing some rice cereal in with his bottle. I always fed Kate right before bedtime and then gave her a bowl of rice cereal. It made her tummy more full and she slept through the night. Make sure you feed first, then the cereal otherwise they will get full on the cereal and not drink the milk. I had to put baby food bananas in her rice cereal cause she wouldn't take it without...Good luck! They are super cute!!
Keri, they are both so cute! I still want to babysit them one day when you need some help. I don't have advice...I wish I did! I don't think they are behind, though, all babies are so different.
They are soooo stinking cute Keri - I still can't believe how adorable they are!!! So this is going to be lengthy and all of this might be stuff you already know but I was just going to say that you probably don't need to worry about the babes - I'm sure they'll catch up with no problems. They say to go by their actual due date not the date they were born - their progress might be more accurate that way. But if you are in need of some reassurance and your doctor agrees you could have Primary Children's do a physical therapy evaluation and they can just give you some ideas of exercises to work on at home. It doesn't sound like they would need therapy, but it might be for your benefit more than theirs. I know it's hard when you don't really know what to do and Primary Children's is so great!! And then for the sleeping - I wish I had some advice - that's rough. It sounds to me like you're doing what you need to do though. He probably wakes up hungry especially since he's not a great eater in the day. I know with Josh he had a hard time with his bottles so we would added a supplement - so he got more calories per ounce than normal and it just helped it go further. Maybe if you did something like that before bed he could go a little longer. Ask your doctor though - we had to get a prescription for the stuff - I can't remember what it was called. But it's an idea!!! Hope he starts sleeping better! Love ya and hope to see you soon! We need to do lunch - I'll have to let you know when I have a week that isn't so crazy! Good Luck!
Post a Comment