This morning, being Easter and Conference Sunday, I woke up early with Stockton and made pancakes for breakfast and got the easter baskets ready. Tay took Boston on a walk and when he came back we hung out with Mckaylee and Stockton as they “opened their basket”. They cared more about the confetti filling the basket then the toys and books. It’s hilarious! They really are too cute! The last few days Stockton hasn’t been the happiest little guy, but if you hold him he is usually ok. Mckaylee has been such an angel. She really is an easy baby. (at least right now she is...they tend to switch off on who is being the difficult one).
We then watched conference. I felt like a lot of it was very much focused on the roles of parents. They emphasized the importance of a mother and her nuturing and teaching the children in the household. It really hit me that I need to be more productive with the time I have with Stockton and Mckaylee. Instead of always trying to get things done around the house I need to focus on teaching them. I need to become more knowledgeable in the gospel so I may teach my kids. Mothers spend so much time with their children and are given so many teaching moments and I really need to take that to heart. It is crazy how much of an influence a mother can be on their children. Fathers are the same, but they tend to not be home as much because of work. Taylor is a very involved father. Being a dad of twins I think forces you to be very involved. It is so nice though because he truly has created a bond with the kids more so than I think a lot of guys do because he has had to wake up through the night from the beginning and every second he is home, he is helping me with at least one of them. When he walks in the door from work he goes and gets out of his work clothes and then until they go to bed he is playing with them the entire time.
Enough of my tangent... we spent the day at home with the kids, then spent the afternoon and night at Tay's dad's house. It is his 53rd birthday. Happy Birthday Cregg!! We had a great night with the family. Here are a few pictures. Sorry I should've made a college, but it was easier to do this.
Easter Morning PIctures
6 comments:
So sweet Keri! They are getting so big! You are such a cute mommy!
They are so cute in their Easter outfits! What darling babies you have!
Love the photos!
oh my adorable I love those pics! They are seriously so cute. I love your headband in the top picture- is that one of caro's? can't wait to see you soon!
hey! i love looking at your pictures! your kiddo's are so cute. I would love to meet them. So we went to the indoor climbing gym called Momentum- it's out of 106th South next to REI..so fun!
I can't believe your babies are already 8 months - wow where did that time go. They are so cute!!
Post a Comment