Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Salt Lake City 1/2 Marathon

Salt Lake City Half Marathon
April 17, 2010

I finally got to run a race with my running partners. It was so much fun. Keila Louis, Whitney Henderson, Tibett Coleman, & myself have been training together for the Ogden Marathon that is in May. I have been running with these girls since I moved to Daybreak (with the 9 months off due to pregnancy). Tibett finished in 1:45, Whitney in 1:42, Keila in 1:26 and I finished in 1:28. It was my best race. The weather was perfect for running! I felt pretty good most of the time. At about mile 8 my heart started hurting like a side ache. I kept pushing it because I thought the pain would go away (which it did). I put it all out there on the table. I maybe could have gone a tiny faster for a mile or so, but I finished knowing I couldn't have gone a 1/2 mile more. I love the course and love that race!
*I took 6th out of 623 girls in my division, 13th out of 2885 females, and 62nd out of 4627 runners.

Keila, Whitney, Tibett, me, Dawn, and Austin Collie's wife

After the race.... time for some food!!

15 comments:

Britters and Parx said...

Keri,
I LOVE it that you are so into running! It's such an inspiration! Maybe one day I will join you...probably WAY behind you but there as well. Seems like something I could really like. Hope all is well with you! Hopefully I will see you soon!
Brittany

The Pizza Family said...

I can't believe that you are that freaking fast!! Really that is amazing! Wish I would have seen you down there!!

Whitney said...

Holy crap Keri! You are amazing! Way to go!!!!

abby o said...

Keri you are AMAZING!!!

Jeff and Mallory said...

Good Job! You guys are so amazing! I wish I was a runner so bad!

The Waites said...

Keri,
First, I would do ANYTHING to have your body (no baby, one baby, EVEN two babies, are you kidding me??). You look amazing! Second, holy crap I cannot believe how fast you did that in!! Congrats!! xoxo

Heather said...

Keri you're amazing! I can't believe you can run so fast - inspiring. I'm sure when people hear you just had twins they don't believe you. You're totally back! Way to go!

Abby and Ryann said...

Holy lightning speed, Ker! I'm so impressed. And now totally timid to run with you girls!! I have 3 tri's coming up though so I might be calling you if I need some running buddies.You can whip my booty into shape!

Tibett said...

You really did an amazing job on this race! You guys are all speedy. It was fun, wasn't it?!

Vic, Linds, and the girls... said...

You are an inspiration!!

Tracy Peterson said...

You are AMAZING! Good job, Ker!

Katie Torriente: said...

Way to go Keri! You and the girls are AMAZING!

3 Men & a Lady said...

Are you kidding me??? You are lightning fast, Keri! WAY TO GO!!!! And by the way, I totally know Dawn Pettit. She is 2 of my old students' mom. Such a darling lady! Small world!

The Nakkers said...

You are amazing. That is so impressive - I can't believe how fast you are - Good Work!! Did you really have twins? You look awesome.

al + sar said...

Seriously you are super woman! How do you do it?? PS McKaylee's gray and yellow outfit below is to die for! Miss you! xo