
Stockton Taylor Cannon.... you are too cute for your own good and too mischievous for your own good. Last week (on November 16th) we had quite the scare! I was getting ready in my bathroom with Stockton and Mckaylee playing in there with me. I was well aware they were playing in my cupboard and I left to get their clothes. I heard Mckaylee scream. She never screams..she cries but I thought Stockton had biten her or something had fallen on her. I ran in the bathroom and Stockton starts crying and gagging and I see that he is drinking the Nail Polish Remover. YEP MY SON DRANK NAIL POLISH REMOVER!!! Apparently he can screw off lids now. I have never panicked so much in my life! I grabbed Stockton and ran him into the sink and started chugging water down his throat. Luckily he immediately started vomiting profusely. In the meantime Mckaylee was wailing at my feet and then decided to run back into the bathroom so I have to leave Stockton in the sink where he could easily fall out and grab her before she gets a hold of the bottle too. I shut the door immediately locking Boston in there because I didn't have time to get him out so I had Boston wanting to break down the door, Mckaylee crying/ wailing at my feet, Stockton crying and me crying in hysterics. It was a high moment in my life :)
Big mistake on my part was I called taylor first. My first thought was to call my husband because I call him to talk about everything. All I could scream to him was "COME HOME, COME HOME, COME HOME, COME HOME..." He was talking back to me, but I couldn't hear him with all the chaos. I hung up and called 911 and they put me in touch with Poisen Control. I had calmed down a bit by then, but was still crying. The guy kept saying "Ma'am can you step away from the chaos because I can't hear you". Luckily Taylor called my mother in law and she came flying in to rescue me by taking care of Mckaylee. Poisen control then said "do you have ice cream or a popsicle?" and my response was "What the H is that going to do?". Well apparently nail polish remover isn't as toxic as I thought it was. I really thought we were going to end up in the emergency room. First off they make the taste so awful that almost no kid will take more than a sip and really all it does is it can make the kid act like they are drunk and it leaves a horrible taste in their mouth so they gag. That's why they say to get ice cream or something in their mouth so they can get rid of the taste.
I hung up with the guy after we felt like things were under control and then decided to take Stock to the doc just in case. He was acting very lethargic and I just wanted to make sure everything was ok. He laid on my lap most of the time until the doctor came to check him out and then that woke him up because he hates the doctor. After that and the rest of the day he was totally fine! SO GLAD YOU WERE OK BUDDY!!!
On another note, we got a seasons pass to the Sandy Aquarium and have loved going there. Here is a picture of their little buddies Sadie and Nixon. This same day Mckaylee started saying "ah oh". It is so funny and cute! I love you two! No more toxic chemicals for you guys!!
5 comments:
Holy crap. That is so scary!!! Thanks for sharing - an important lesson! Glad he is ok!
xoxo
That is scary! The other day Sadie grabbed some cleaning chemicals and was trying to suck on it... luckily I got to her right before she did. They are so fast and you blink and they are into EVERYTHING!!
That was such a fun day at the Aquarium.
Oh my gosh I had so much anxiety just reading this post! I'm so glad everything is ok. Sorry for your hellish day! I can only imagine how scared you must have been.
oh my gosh, soooo scary!! Man, I've only been a mom for a week and I'm already so worried about everything!!! Glad that everything was okay. Oh man...and p.s. honestly how did you have 2 babies at once???? I sometimes feel so overwhelmed with just one!!! =)
oh my gosh, how scary! you took care of things so well! glad sweet stockton is alright :)
Post a Comment