
VEGAS BABY VEGAS
Tay and I headed down to Vegas March 26th with our friends Suzy and Matt Smith. We down for Tay, Matt, and Tay's dad to do a half ironman called "The showdown at sundown". We knew the trip was going to fun within the first few minutes of laughing in the car. It was the fastest car ride down to Vegas I have had. Overall the trip was very fun and very eventful.

Suzy and I maybe had matching outfits :) We also maybe went to Cheesecake factory every night for dinner.

The weather wasn't the best the day of the race. They cancelled the swim portion because the water had white caps and it was too cold. Tay and Matt still decided to get in (with a few other guys) just to get an idea of an open water swim and the transition. Tay's dad and best buddy Evan also did the race. It was a really really hard bike ride with a head wind the entire time and not enough water. Let's just say it was a reality check and a great trainer for the actual ironman.

Tay took 33rd out of 200 people. 40% of the people didn't even finish. Tay's dad did finish and is such a stud!

Tay got really sick after he finished but after some water, food, and a warm car he was rejuvenated. I'm so proud of him! He said he hit a wall at 11 miles and it was definitely as hard as a marathon. It was 56 miles on the bike and 13.1 miles of run. I truly can't even imagine what the full ironman is going to be like.

During the race suzy and I had an eventful day....we got rear ended by a another car and were with the cops for 1 1/2 hours, then went to lulu, then took our time at lunch and realized that we should get back to the race. We headed the wrong direction towards California because I was busy on the phone with a locksmith because my cute friend accidentally locked my house when she left after watching my kids. then we got a phone call saying Tay was like 10 min away from being done and we were like 20 minutes away and then Matt called Suzy and said he wasn't going to do the run. We had quite the stressful/ panic moments. We ended up making it on time to see Tay finish. We then waited for a couple more hours for Cregg to finish. It was such a neat experience.

Sunday we went for a run, shopping, out to eat, and to Cirque de Solei, "LOVE" the beatles show. It was so awesome! Such amazing choreography and creativity. So glad we went!

Tay forgot to put on sunscreen...oops!
Such a fun trip! We had such a great time with the Smiths! I laughed the entire weekend. It was the first time away from the kids for more than one night. They were very well taken care of between my friend Marci, my sister Kim, and my mother in law, Eileen. Much thanks to them for watching my angels! I missed them so much!!!!
Looking forward to May 7th....the full ironman!
4 comments:
Oh man I am craving a Vegas trip! And that's funny that you ate every dinner at the Cheesecake Factory! That's exactly what we did last time. =) K...Taylor isn't human...an ironman??? Wow, I am proud of myself for just doing a 1/2 marathon this year! =)
What a fun trip! Taylor - a full ironman? WOW. that is crazy! Good luck!
good luck. my father in law and friend did it last year...heard it was SOOO tough but i'm sure he can do it. love the babies...they're so big.
BEST TRIP EVER!!! Love, love, love you guys!!! Thanks for the good times. xoxoxoxo lOVE YOU!
Post a Comment