Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hobblecreek Half Marathon 2011

HOBBLECREEK HALF MARATHON 2011

What a fun race! I have been told for years that I should do the hobblecreek half marathon. It has been deemed as the fastest half in utah. This year I decided to sign up for it. It was such a fun pretty course! I went up with my close buddies Suzy, Whitney, Debbie and Jessica. The whole morning (from 3am- 12pm) was a blast with these girls!

Right before the race....
I took 2nd in my division and 38th overall. My finishing time was 1:25:12. It was my PR half marathon! I honestly couldn't have done it with Jessica or Debbie though. We pushed each other! I don't think I would have run the first half as fast as I did if it wasn't for these girls. I didn't wear my running watch so I wanted to stay by them and it so helped! We ran the first 7 miles together and then Jess and I kind of pulled ahead of Debbie and we ran the next 4 miles or so together. We didn't really separate until the last couple of miles and I finished less than a minute ahead of her. Debbie has been injured a lot of the summer and came out to this race and killed it! Suzy is pregnant and still ran in an amazing time and Whitney ran for the fun of it with Suzy. They came across the finish line like they hadn't even ran. Such awesome girls :)
(before the race)

1 comment:

Britters and Parx said...

you are a rockstar!!!!! That is amazing Keri!!!! Running my first marathon in December!!!!!! Thanks for inspiring me!! =)