Monday, April 23, 2012

spring has sprung!

April 21, 2012 I did the SLC half marathon...It was so so last minute. I got offered a free race entry 2 days before and decided to go for it. I haven't run more than 7 miles since the beginning of October (b/c of my back injury and then trying to get prego, etc.) so I was a bit nervous but I always know race adrenaline can get you through. I told myself that I ever didn't feel good I would stop or slow down. I ended up feeling great the entire time. It was just so nice to be back in the race environment. I did better than expected. I got 1:34 and took 6th out of 408 in my division and 18th out of 2132 women. I'm pretty sure that will be my last race until well after this baby boy is born but I'm so glad I was able to be a part of such a fun experience. I had a lot of people I knew do it and there is just something about being there that I missed and love!!! Tay's little brother Joe did the full...it was his first and he did it in 3:52. Amazing! So proud of him!!

I also officially hit 20 weeks last week. (hence the not close up pictures from the race because I look huge) but I'm halfway and so happy about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Later that day we went to sugarhouse park for Monty's birthday. I can't even tell you how amazing it is to have nice weather. Kiddos were so happy there. They played in the water and on the park and on their bikes for hours.
Daddy showed up after his long training day. Only 12 more days until the St. George Ironman! I'm so excited for Tay. He has worked so hard and is so amazing. Stockton and Mckaylee were so excited to see him! They loved their daddy :)
BBQ! Oh how I miss them! Sunday we had our good friends the Robles and Smiths over for a little BBQ. The Robles are probably moving back to Cali in the next few months so we are trying to take advantage of our time with them. :( I'm going to miss them so much! Suzy and I showed up in the exact same outfit! Hilarious!!!! My little twinner :) (but obviously she looks so much better next to the prego girl). Stockton and Mckaylee were so entertained the entire time so it was actually very enjoyable. I love our porch and daybreak. Dave Robles kept saying "I feel like I'm in Pleasantville" and it's kind of true but I love it. We are so lucky
I love when my hubby writes meaningful compliments. I love my little princess who has to put on her dresses and her shoes and watch "12 dancing princesses".

I don't know if you can see Tay's "tramp stamp" but he got an awesome burn on his bike ride on saturday. He calls it his thong or tramp stamp. It's going to look hot in the ironman.
Please good weather stay forever!!!

3 comments:

Andrew said...

So cute! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Andrew said...

this is Krystal, not Andrew :) btw

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Way to go on the half Keri, you are amazing. And I really have no clue why you are saying you look big and prego - trust me, you are soooo tiny! I can barely even see a bump on you. And I love that cute frame, what a fun thing to have around your house.