Goldilocks bike ride
May 12, 2012
Yep you heard me...I said bike ride. And yes I am not a biker at all! In fact I haven't been on a bike since I did a sprint tri in 2008 and before that day it was probably when I was 12. Some of gym buddies decided we should do this bike ride and so I went along with it. Borrowed everything from the bike to my jersey (I guess I bought the bike shorts). It was a blast! You could choose 20, 40, 60, 80, or 100 miles. We did the 40. In my mind it sounded like a lot but really the first 30 miles I don't think my heart rate even rose at all. We were coasting, chatting, and going downhill. We have a stop at mile 10 and 30 and stayed at each stop for like 45 minutes just eating treats and snacks and hanging out. The last 10 miles we kind of pushed it more so we felt like we kind of got a workout but we were out there for 4 hours (now if you are a biker you would realize that you could almost run that fast). We basically could've taken last if there were places to take :) It was fun to ride in herriman, south jordan, and daybreak area because it's my hood and I really had such a great time just being with my girls on a gorgeous saturday!!!!
Heidi Hastleton, Whitney Henderson, Jessica, Jenna Robles, myself, and Debbie Tebbs
Gearing up pretending like we are professionals
My cute family came to see me at our first stop. Stockton and Mckaylee were so stinking cute and wanted to follow me in the car and keep saying "hi mama" and smiling with those adorable smiles. And of course it was fun to see my hubby. It wasn't like some race that I needed mental help but it's always fun to see my family!
me, Staci Taylor, Debbie Tebbs, Lanae Larson, Lanae's cousin, Jessica, Whitney Henderson, Jenna Robles, and Heidi Hastleton at mile 10
Ok these girls (not me) are true cyclists! Staci has done an ironman and Debbie has done a dozen or more century rides. And they are amazing runners! Let's just say they are amazing athletes! Then there is miss prego non biker on the end :)
I had to take a picture of heidi biking because she was the champion...she fell 3 times and still laughed and kept going. Good thing I didn't have clips on my bike or else I would've been with her.
And we are done!!!! Seriously it was the best pre-mothers day present to just spend a day with girls you love and eat yummy food in great weather (and kind of get a workout :) ) ok I probably got a workout more than most because being prego it's a bit harder but the other girls barely broke a sweat.
Later that night after the race cute Lanae had us and other gym girls over for a BBQ with our husbands. Ok her house and yard were unbelievable. My kiddos felt like they were in disneyland. They had a bounce house, a huge sand box, a basketball court, trampoline, pond with waterfall, firepit and huge grassy area. I think Stockton could've been there for days playing in the sand with all the trucks and looking at the water and jumping on the tramp.
this is a picture of all the pregnant ladies....We are all having boys! I'm due in Sept, Julie is in June, Jessica in July and Melissa in July.
Such a fun great group of girls! Yummy food and great entertainment




1 comment:
So fun Keri! Ok Lanae's yard is to die for I've been there. Her Cousin Tiffany is Married to Will's Cousin Coby so I also know Lanae and she's a sweetheart. Small world.
Post a Comment