Saturday, July 28, 2012

Family & friends summer time

Happy middle of summer! My posts lately have been so random but that's just what happens when I only have a few minutes here and there to post :)

So my sister Kristin has been in town from Arizona for the whole month of July.  It has been so fun to have them here.  My kids are obsessed with their kids.  We have gone up to my moms a ton just because it is easy and the kiddos are happy.  My parents wanted to get a picture for a Christmas card so below is one of our attempts.  My kiddos don't love/ cooperate too well in big group pics.  



We are still in the midst of potty training hell.  Stockton has it down!  He is such a stud and hasn't had any accidents for quite a while now.  Everyone says girls are easier but definitely not in my case.  Mckaylee is just a funny little girl.  She would poop in her pants and as she was doing it or right after she would say "only babies go in their pants.  I a big girl and go in potty"....um I think she is a bit confused.  After about 3 weeks of changing poopy underwear I gave up and started putting pull ups on her.  Ever since then she has actually gotten better at pooping on toilet.  In the last 5 days she has only gone in her diaper/ pull up 1x, but she is peeing in their more and she fights me every time we are out and about and I try to make her go potty.  I know she has to go but I think she just finds peeing in her diaper much more convenient :) Once she gets the poop thing down completely I am going to put underwear back on her because she is getting lazy with pull ups.  She is a very stubborn little girl.


32 weeks!  This picture was taken 2 weeks ago.  I swear my belly is growing by the minute.  I really do need to say that I am super grateful for how good of a pregnancy I've had.  I am still running and I never thought I'd be able to run for more than 28 weeks at the most!  I only go 1-3x a week but I can still go 6 miles and feel good.  I probably could do more than that but I don't really have a desire.  Its just been nice to still get out because running makes me so happy!  I also have quite a bit of energy still to get things done and take care of my kids.  My back starts to really hurt at night and sitting down for too long anywhere kills me, but really aside from that I have been very lucky!  


Happy 40th birthday Suzy!!!! We had a few different celebrations for one of my besties Suzy.  We had a girls night out downtown with some girls in the neighborhood.  We went shopping, dinner at Biaggis, stayed at little america (snuck into pool and stayed up super late eating crap and laughing/ chatting), went running downtown and just hung out.  We also did a tutu run with our running group and had an OMG girl lunch.  Such fun times and I love celebrating for someone I care so much about.  I love you Suzy and you don't look a day over 30!  


Suzy and I took our kids to seven peaks one day.  I had to get out of the house all day because we had painters (which btw it looks so good!) I thought we would last for a few hours and 5 hours later we were finally leaving.  So nice to go places I know my kids are happy.  They like different things while we are there but I can keep them mostly entertained.

Every night we were at my moms we would tub.  They loved tubbing with Sadie!  Mckaylee and Sadie would go under the water and laugh their heads off.  Mckaylee LOVED Sadie!  She is going to be so sad to have them gone.  
HAPPY 24TH OF JULY!!
Tay went golfing so I took kids to play with cousins.  We went to a new splash pad in Fort Union and it was a hit.  It was perfect because there was the splash pad, big playground, huge grassy field to run around on, and a pavilion where we had lunch.  They all had so much fun!  It is so nice to see little cousins love being together.  

No comments: