After going back and forth Tay and I decided not to head up to Victor Idaho for the holiday and stay home. Potty training was and is still in full force and we didn't want to deal with accidents in the car and at our aunt and uncles house. So we decide to have a staycation. We started out with going to the Lifetime fitness pool in the morning. Kids love having their daddy at the pool because is way more fun than I am. We went with some of our friends the Browns and their little boy Beckley and he was wearing a swim hat so our kids had to wear hats too...hence the swim pants on their heads :)
Neighborhood/ ward pancake breakfast with slip n slide. Every year our ward does a fun breakfast and gets a huge slip and slide on the hill side. Of course Mckaylee was way more daring. Once she found a little friend to go down with she kept going. Stockton on the other hand wouldn't go unless I went with him so I was one of the only moms that went down and I was in my normal clothes :) Stockton eventually would go on the side and kind of slide down. Love that cute apprehensive boy.
BBQ at my mom's house for the 4th of July with cousins. Kids just ran through sprinklers, jumped on tramp and played around. Mckaylee and Stockton both are always so needy when we originally get somewhere. And out of all the kids there pretty sure mine are most winey and needy but once they finally chill out they end up having so much fun with their cousins. I love watching them play with them! It has been fun to have Kristin in town and Kim bring her kids down a lot. I love having the cousins close with each other.
So we had quite the incident happen on the night of the 4th. We were about to head out to see the fireworks on the ridge and Tay took Boston to walk out there and I was going to drive the kiddos because we had blankets and chairs. Well I went out to the car and shut the back door and went to open the front door and realized the kids had locked themselves in the car. They were playing in there and had locked it. We have no spares! At first I was calm and the kids were happy but then it started to get hot. I was running to the front porch and kept yelling for Taylor. I was starting to panic. My nice neighbor behind me was helping me by trying to find Taylor and providing support. We were guiding the kids to push the unlock button and they were doing it and the car had disabled. They pushed the button so many times and it wasn't even clicking. We were then trying to get them to open the handle and they were doing that as well and nothing was working. After 15 minutes they both starting crying and it went downhill from there. I called 911 and got the police and firemen to come out. When the firemen got there they couldn't even get it open so finally the policeman tried and saved the day! They were probably in the car for about 35-40 minutes. Mckaylee was off and on ok but Stockton was distraught and kept saying "the guys are scary" "the car is scary" "I want out". I was crying because I felt so helpless and I kept saying "mommy is trying to help you". Luckily after about 25 minutes Taylor realized something was wrong. He was panicking just as much as I was and wanted to immediately break the window. Luckily the policeman finally helped :) After the both got over the shock they were excited to see the fire truck. We ended up still making it to the ridge to catch the end of firework shows and luckily that erased what had just happened to them.
Over the 4th weekend we headed up to Oakley with Caisa and Adrianne Brown. We just went up for
a night but did a lot.
We went to the Oakley rodeo with my family. The kids really liked it but both had tummy issues because of potty training. They both hold it more and were uncomfortable. I even put pull ups on them for the rodeo because ever since we got to the cabin they had so many accidents that I didn't want to deal with it at the rodeo. The problem is they didn't comprehend me telling them it was now ok to just go. This potty training thing has just been a nightmare in so many instances.
We did fireworks...
rode their bikes
went on four wheelers...
BBQ'd, saw horses, went for runs etc. Tay went and ran up a mountain and said it was so much fun. I was able to go run 6 miles and feel really good. I have been so blessed to feel so good during this pregnancy. I honestly didn't think I would still be running but I have been able to and still feel totally great (at a much slower pace) so I have kept going and I'm loving it! We had a great time hanging out with the Browns. They have a crazier life than us. They have Beckley that is just over 2 and twins that are 9 months old. They are all so cute but they have their hands full. I think they felt bad for us though too because we had our hands full with the potty training issues. They just haven't caught on as well as we had wished for and it has been quite the challenge. We headed into Park City and got lunch and then headed home because Stockton's tummy was really hurting. I'm glad we went home because he definitely had been holding it and it would've been a disaster to clean up anywhere but home.
One night we took the kids up to the daybreak lake boats and to the splash fountain on soda row. Just a fun little family night and the reason why I love summer!!









1 comment:
so glad you came! and, you are so good at keeping up on your blog!
Post a Comment