Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Are they really three?

HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY TWINNERS!!!
August 4, 2012

I cannot believe my babies are 3 years old.  Time flies!  I'm actually writing this post as I am in the hospital for our new little guy.  It has brought back so many memories of the beginning days of Stockton and Mckaylee.  These last few months have brought a lot of change into our kiddos lives.  

Potty training: 
We started potty training at the beginning of July.  I'm not going to lie and say it was easy.  It was one of the hardest things I have done being a mom of twins.  I think doing two at a time was super difficult and it took longer than I expected it to.  Stockton now has it down 100% and hasn't had an accident for weeks now but Kaylee is still not completely there.  I'd say she is 90% there.  She is really struggling with the #2 thing.  She has done SO much better than she was in the beginning though.  In the beginning she honestly had a skid mark in almost every single pair of underwear and then would have big accidents. I felt like I lived in or smelled like poop all the time.  Stockton took about 2-3 weeks to get the #2 thing down but he would just hold his poop for a few days and then have one accident.  Way easier than constantly cleaning or throwing away Kaylee's underwear.  The other hard thing about her is she is stubborn so we would have arguments all the time about even trying.  I would see her do the potty dance and make her go try and she wouldn't want to and would say she didn't need to and then would have an accident a few minutes later.  I have never been so mad or frustrated as I have been with potty training. I find myself yelling and that is not normally how I am.  They say to be positive but it is super hard when you know they are capable of being trained and still have accidents.  Kaylee would say things like "only babies go potty in their pants" and she would still have accidents.  She always acted sweet after and tried to make up what she had done and say things like "I a silly goose" "I a big girl" "mommy I won't go in my pants" etc.  She only has an accident now like every 3-5 days but it has been almost 2 months.  Hopefully they don't revert with the baby

Big beds/ bedrooms:
At the end of July we painted the kids bedrooms and a lot of our house.  We made adorable rooms for Stockton and Mckaylee.  Stockton stayed in the same room that he has been in for a couple years but we made it a big boy room. We did a sports theme and it is so cute!  He loves it but honestly I thought he would do better with the transition because he was climbing out of his crib every day at the end and kept talking about his big boy bed room.  Once we transitioned he decided he needs the hall lights on and a lamp on in his room and he has a hard time staying down all by himself.  In the beginning one of us had to go down and sleep with him and he usually would end up in our bedroom at some point in the night.  We finally had to stop that because I didn't want him to get used to sleeping in our room when baby arrives because it will disrupt his sleep more than anything.  We are now 4 weeks in and he is doing great.  The bedtime routine takes way longer than it used to but once he's down he's pretty good to stay down and he has gone back to napping on the days that we nap them.  

Mckaylee moved from a crib upstairs to a giant bedroom with a queen bed downstairs and has done the transition so well! She will wake up crying for her water bottle but will immediately go back down and she will stay in her bed a lot and wait for us to come get her out.  It's pretty funny.  She hasn't been perfect and there have been moments where she has woken up Stockton but for the most part she does great.  Before we go to bed she has to turn on her fan and put on a bandaid.  Weirdest habit but she goes to bed so I can't complain.  She has actually slept better and longer by moving down to the basement and Stockton has gotten worse.  Funny how things change.

THEIR BIRTHDAY PARTY:
It was a super fun party!  I did a water theme again just because it is easy and everyone is happy.  I made shark and umbrella cupcakes, sealife sugar cookies, did goldfish crackers and swedish fish gummies, and lemonade.  I rented a blow up water slide and let the kids just play on the slide and come in and get treats whenever they wanted.  Mckaylee played the entire time in the water and on the slide.  She went down with her best little buddy Nixon so many times!  Stockton didn't go down the slide once!  He was too afraid but he still had a great time.  He just played with a baseball bat and ball and other toys.  They just loved having their little friends and they especially loved their presents. And of course they had a blast eating their giant cupcakes and we had a great time watching them :)





Now that they are three:

-they say the funniest things
-love their gymnastics class
-Kaylee has a habit of putting on a bandaid before naps and bedtime
-are mostly potty trained
-can both ride the little trainer bikes with pedals and are learning how to ride balance bikes
-Stockton still loves his dede's and now has to go to sleep with 3+ dede's
-love playing with choo choo's
-love their preschool class
-have crazy energy
-love taking apart the couch and making forts or going "night night" under the pillows
-love playing with other kids now and are playing more with each other.
-Kaylee learned to swim by herself with a life jacket in the pool and loves swimming.
-still love relaxing and watching one of their shows but won't sit for very long
-recently have loved playing on the I-Pad

There are so many other things to say so I think I might have to do a questionaire :)
-

No comments: