COUSINS GALORE...
In the month of July my sister Kristin comes up from AZ to escape the heat and hang out with us. It was so fun to have them around. We did a lot of random things.
We went up to Silver Lake. It was so nice to escape the heat. Being pregnant and it being the hottest summer that I can remember has been kind of a nightmare! I've been so so hot!! Tay laughs because I am usually so cold but I am the opposite now and throw off all my covers at night and am still hot :) Silver Lake is so beautiful and the cousins love just walking around and playing with each other.
We also went to Seven Peaks one day. We have now gone 3x this summer and the kids love it! We never nap those days because we are there for 3+ hours. They love different things so it makes a little more difficult. Stockton loves the splash pad and just wading in the small pool area where Mckaylee loves the slides and swimming and all the daring stuff. She is a wild child at the pool/ seven peaks and it's hilarious! Stockton doesn't even dare go down the slides with me. He's just got such an apprehensive personality and it is so endearing but hopefully he becomes a little more daring later on in life.
These are a bunch of random pics...After gymnastics we a lot of time go get a treat the neighborhood bakery with our little friend Beckley Brown. Mckaylee got hurt one night while I was at the temple. They were out on a bike ride and she got going too fast and skidded off her bike and scrapped her chin. Tay said she would have gone off a 10 foot rock wall if she wouldn't have dove off and he is shocked she didn't get scratched anywhere else. She is a brave little girl.
We went to Costco after seven peaks one day and they were SO tired! Never have my kids laid down in a shopping cart but they were exhausted and just chilled the entire time.
Potty training has been an interesting and frustrating feet. This picture was taken at barbacoa. I went with some friends and we ended up in the bathroom for over 30 minutes. Stockton was going #2 but was taking so much time so Mckaylee ended up getting on the toilet to go to the bathroom. I had to take a picture :)
HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY!!!! This picture was taken on their actual birthday. Kaylee still has her little chin scratch but it at least looks a little better.
Another cousin outing. We went up Millcreek canyon with Tay's mom and that side of the family. It is such a fun age for these kiddos because everything is so exciting for them. They loved just looking at the water and putting their feet in, roasting marshmallows, throwing sticks, etc.
It is so fun having so many cousins. I didn't grow up playing with cousins at all. I think it is so important to have close relationships with family if it's possible. I feel so blessed to have so many great family members around me. I hope my kiddos grow up and stay close to their cousins.


No comments:
Post a Comment