First road trip and he passed with flying colors!
We headed down to St. George for the SG Marathon. We normally go down on friday afternoon but this time we decided to make a family trip out of it and headed down on thursday afternoon. We picked up the kids from preschool and headed out. 45 minutes into it we stopped and got lunch and I fed Kace and from there on out the kid didn't make a peep!
We did family pictures as soon as we got there. We didn't have much daylight so we were quick but they were probably the most enjoyable pictures we have done. The kids were happy and more importantly Taylor was happy (he hates pictures) and they were short and sweet. It was the perfect setting with perfect temperature. Thank you to my amazing sister in law Jenny!
We had such a fun little vacation! Jenny and Brock's house is amazing and the kids were so entertained by Lucy and Savannah. It was so much fun to watch them together! We honestly didn't have to do anything (other than kind of clean up) to help with our kids when they were around. It was so cute! I also loved being with Jenny. I stayed up every night to just talk and hang out with her. I miss having them around.
THE MARATHON:
3:02:33
18/210 in division
163/2945 men
Boston Qualifer!!!
I'm so proud! It was his best time to date!!! I know he wasn't totally thrilled because he wanted to get a sub 3 hour marathon and was on track until mile 24 but he still did amazing! This was the first marathon that he truly trained for. He and his buddies Zac West and Jake anderson were all within 3 minutes of each other. Zac finished just before Tay and Jake was right behind them. After they finished they all collasped and were dead and Tay of course got his normal nausea after and was sick most of the day. I felt bad because I ran Kace home from marathon because I wanted to see my friends finish and it took a little while and when I walked in he was vomitting and Stockton was just right by him. Poor guy.
I have to admit I was sad that I couldn't do the race but it was so fun to watch a lot of my friends do so well. I always cry at marathons. I love that race environment and can't wait to run another marathon :) way to go hubby! Now we are basically tied in our PR's. The competition is officially on. Love you!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment