Sunday, June 22, 2008

WASATCH BACK/ RAGNAR RELAY---CHASING CHEETAHS, CHAFFING CHEETAHS, AND THE ATHLETAS---

WASATCH BACK RELAY 2008
This was such a fun experience. The race began in Logan Utah on Friday June 20th at 1:30 p.m. and finished in Park City Utah on Saturday June 21st at 3:45 p.m. It was a 180 mile course. The hardest thing about this race is balancing between what to eat, how much, and when and then you virtually do not sleep for 24 hours and you have to go out and run 3 separate times either in the middle of the night or in the heat of the day. I was runner 10 and I ended up running 3.5 miles at 8:00 p.m., 6.5 miles at 4:45 a.m. and the 4 miles (straight up hill...aka "the ragnar) at 1:30 p.m. on saturday. Each runner had difficult runs. There are 12 people on a team. My team consisted of Van 1: Ashley Aland, Megan Osterloh, Katherine Foulger, Kate Anderson, Sarah Ingebretsen, and Joceyln Garner and Van 2: (my van) Jane Boyer, Sloane Rampton, Erin Prince Anderson, Sarah Crookston, and Caitlin Barker. It was such a fun group of girls and they were all such amazing runners! We had so much fun together!

Sloane, Jane, Erin, Caitlin, me, and Sarah (Van 2 girls) just before we started the race.
This was the truck that we drove in the entire time. It was a little sqooshy on the way up, but it was so nice once we started runner b/c we could all hang out in the back. We were able to go clean up and eat a solid meal at my husband Taylor's condo in Heber after our second runs.

Sloane, Erin, and I driving the truck

My cute husband volunteered for our team and was at Guardsmen's pass from 5:00a.m. to 10:30 a.m. He then came and found our team in Heber. What a cute and supportive husband!

If any of you know Caitlin you know how much fun our group had together! She was also the most supportive runner.
This was my hardest run. It was freaking hot and straight uphill. The girls in my van saved me with constant cold towels, ice, and water.

This was Caitlin and Jane bringing me water on my run. There was such team commradryand it saved me!
Erin Prince Anderson and I ran the guardsmen's pass route. This was our victory picture because we were done!
After the finish line here is all of our team! GO CHASING CHEETAHS! CHAFFING CHEETAHS! and THE ATHLETAS! (We had multiple names...our shirts said chasing cheetahs, our hats said chaffing cheetahs, and our bib's said the Athletas....we're kind of bipolar)
Jane Boyer and I after we had completed. What a great feeling.

And we're off to our homes! We all were craving sleep, a nice long shower, a real meal (PB&J sandwiches and granola bars kind of get old after awhile), our husbands/ boyfriends and a big diet coke! All were fulfilled shortly after the race. Thanks so my group b/c I had so much fun. See you next year!

14 comments:

Nanette said...

way to go! That looks like it was a ton of fun!!

Amanda said...

1 you're crazy and 2 who looks that cute after running..only you.

The Waites said...

Wow Keri! I'm so proud of you! And lets discuss your "after shots" you look like a million bucks!!!

The Summerhays Crew said...

Way to go!! Thats sounds so not fun, but so exciting at the same time! I freakin love Caitlin Barker, she is so hilarious!! And ps...you are one hot babe!

Kate said...

it was such a blast! thanks for being such a great team captain! i think i'll go for a bike ride today:)

3 Men & a Lady said...

Wow- good for you! I'm sure it was an exhilarating experience! YOU CUT YOUR HAIR! Very cute!!!

jane said...

ya, got up to go to the gym today...but then decided to take the day OFF! thanks keri for putting it all together...it was so much fun! you are a freakin machine RUNNIN up ALL of ragnar...what are you made out of?

Anonymous said...

I ran next to Erin for a while during the "you've gotta be kidding me" 3rd leg - up the steep steep hill. I tried to keep up with her, but she was just too fast for me. Way to go guys.

Christy said...

Okay first of all - you are amazing!! BRAVO!!!
Second of all - LOVE the hair - you are soooo stinking cute - it's not fair.
I aspire to be as tough as you someday!

Ashlie said...

So fun! Loved it. I just posted and after reading yours realized I could have probably gotten away with writing only a fraction of what I did, but ???Oh well. All our volunteeers signed up for cleaing up the starting line, and were there for a total of 45 minutes before they were sent home-can you believe that? I was so glad for them. I thought 6 hours is way way way too long for a volunteer! Note to Taylor-next year do starting line cleanup (but I guess then he would have to drive up to Logan, maybe not such a great idea after all.) Glad you had a good time, and were speed demons! Nice job it took us WAY too long.

Blanck said...

Ker bear
You rock!! Maybe one of these days I can run again with you and actually keep up. You would think my long legs could pace you but you are a freakin' gazelle girl.

Good job miss you

Britters and Parx said...

What a fun group! I DO know those girls and I bet you were rolling from laughing so hard! I have to say though, are you SURE it was fun running through the night? I would be crying from exhaustion!! ha! Good for you though! That is awesome! Hope all is well!

Ashlie said...

I know, can you believe how freakin' LONG it took us? Holy crap.

Tibett said...

After reading about this, it's embarrassing that you run with me! You are so tough! By the way, the new background is so cute!