Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Nothing like Hiking & Camping at Mt. Timp

GETTING READY FOR OUR MT. TIMPANOGAS ADVENTURE!!!

The pack was almost as tall as me...it made for an interesting and difficult hike
My cute doggie posing by the waterfall


Our campsite was awesome! We got so lucky. It was flat ground with a firepit already in place and it had gorgeous views of sundance and heber city valley!

This was taken from our campsite looking out into the city...beautiful! The two white things in the background were the mountain goats that hung out by us all night!

Morning sunrise (Tay couldn't sleep all night long so we were up at the crack of dawn).
Our campsite with my husbands cute butt hanging out.

On our way down...Tay said I didn't look like a legit camper with my pink sweatpants and paris hilton sunglasses.

there were gorgeous meadows along the way


There were also waterfalls
It was such a fun campout/ hike. The climb took us about 2 1/2 hours and I was exhausted at the end. I couldn't have gone any further. We were so lucky to have a camp fire b/c it kept us warm. We had mountain goats that were about 10' from our camp for a couple of hours. They were so interested in Boston so finally Taylor had to throw rocks at them to scare them away. It got quite cold in the night. It was about 28 degrees, but the fire really saved us. It was such a romantic secluded place and I'm so glad we went. Anyone up to go again? We seriously want to go in a few weeks...let me know!

The day we got home from camping we went to LAGOON!!!!! I hadn't been there in like 5 years and boy has it changed. There are so many new rides! We had a great time! We went with Zac and Kyley West. Tay's not the biggest fan of Lagoon, but we had a blast!

We got a little wet from the log ride and of course we went on it as the sun was coming down so it was a bit chilly. IT'S WHERE THE FUN IS....LAGOON!

15 comments:

Tibett said...

Looks like fun! Taylor is so lucky you like to camp. Me, I'm not a camper, AT ALL! Looks like such a pretty place to be, though.

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Pick us! Pick us!! I'm so sad we couldn't go the first time. I would really love to do that hike even though I'm sure it would kick my butt! Love all the pics and miss you guys so much. Love ya!

Hinton Family said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. Kevin and I go on short hikes or drive to a campsite. Our kids love to camp though. If we didn't have them we would be in.

Amanda said...

WOW what a beautiful camping spot! I would so be in if I lived in the same country.

Man I love Lagoon, Brady isn't really a fan so we haven't been since we've been married, but I would love to hit it up.

Corinne said...

That looks like so much fun! Much different than the camping we have been doing lately! I would love to go! You guys are doing it right! Play now girl!

Katie Torriente: said...

Fun pics! I'm so jealous you went to Lagoon. I've been begging Aaron to go with me this summer because I'm obsessed with that place! (but I don't know why?) Anyway, we can probably make it on monday to the bbq, but we'll be a little late. Ask Kylie what she wants me to bring!

Unknown said...

So, I totally forgot to talk to you about this trip last night. The hike looks like so much fun! Blair saw your pics too and said that he wants to go with you next time. We just don't have all the necessary gear, but I'm sure we could round something up. And, there's only 1 Lagoon! I'm going for work in Sept. and can't wait! I haven't been in ages!

Chelsea said...

Awesome pics! Ker you are awesome for carrying that pack, people totally underestimate how tough it is to carry those and hike.

Christy said...

Ah man - Matt and I would totally join you!!! I LOVE Timp!! If Matt had a day off I would say we're totally in. Jealous! And you are too cute to be a hiker - you need to mess your hair up or something - ha ha! You can't help being naturally cute :)

Natalie said...

looks like fun times!!! WOW, hiking is not my thing... I am always impressed when I see people go on big hikes! Nice work! I love being outside... in the mountains, etc. But I want to be a hiker! YOu look great as usual Keri!

Prosper 1st Primary said...

Keri, Hi girl! This is Kristina (Katie's friend)Do you remember me? I found your cute blog through Katie's. You guys are so adorable together and are always doing something fun. I also noticed that you guys live in Daybreak and we were actually looking there. We are almost done with school and are starting to look for places to live. How do you like it? If you get a chance email me so we can chat about it. My email is hale252@hotmail.com Thanks!!

KACI JOHNSON said...

Keri, what a fun couple days camping and lagoon! I'm not much of a camper, but I always am wanting to go I don't know why. But when I see pictures like yours and how beautiful it is up in the mountians then I remember why I want to go so bad! YOur backpack looks as big as you and like it weighs as much as you do! YOur a trooper for hiking 2 1/2 hours with that thing on your back, you go girl!!

Mrs. Natalie Monsen said...

So jeolous. I love the backpacks. We should meet at zions to go camping this fall. Miss Ya!

abby o said...

hey, it's taylor's cousin abby, oh man, I want to go up Timganogos!!! Maybe in a couple of years...I love your blog Kerri!

Amanda said...

Your so funny, no we don't have any kids yet. Your camping trip looks beautiful, Jeff and I have been wanting to go backpacking for a long time. I have never done Mt. Timp. Holladay is great, we miss Mt.Air Acres and all our friends though. How is your new place?