Friday, February 6, 2009

AND THEN THERE WAS TWO....

I just thought I would post a quick note to say that we lost one of the triplets, therefore we are now expecting twins. We were of course sad when we found out, but after talking to the doctor he kept saying that it was a huge blessing. Two of my babies were in the same sack without a membrane separating them which is very dangerous. My doctor didn't think either baby would make it and if they did he didn't think they would be healthy, so in my doctor's words, "the one baby sacrificed so that they other one could live". We are very grateful to have two healthy babies inside of us and can't wait for the day to meet them. Thanks for all your congrats and thoughts!

18 comments:

The Waites said...

That truly is a blessing. Can't wait to meeting the little ones!

Karen Scoffield said...

Wow! I am glad the 2 babies are doing well. Things have a way of working out for the best, don't they?
I have an obsession with researching baby stuff so one of these days lets talk about double strollers! :)
Thanks for your call by the way.

Vic, Linds, and the girls... said...

Keri-
I can't believe you are having twins that is so exciting!! When are you due? My uncle had this exact same thing happen to them 2 years ago. They were pregnant with triplets and ended up with only one. He is a darling healthy little 2 year old now. Well I am thinking about you guys..Know that you are in our prayers..

3 Men & a Lady said...

How sweet to think of one of them sacrificing for the other. :) I'm so glad the 2 are healthy. I hope you are feeling well. Good luck and congrats again!

Blanck said...

I am so happy for you and tay. You will be the best parents

Britters and Parx said...

That probably is a blessing. I am SO excited for you! Can't wait to see your cute little belly! =)

KACI JOHNSON said...

Oh my gosh, Congrats on being pregnant and I am so sorry about your loss. That is so exciting! Being a mom is the best thing in the whole wide world. I love it and so will you. Keep us all updated!! HOw far along are you?

Cassi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I was wondering when a mini cannon was coming! And now we have two coming! When are you due? I can't believe you're having two! What fun! I would LOVE to have more than one at a time.

It's so good to hear that you're keeping such a positive attitude about baby #3. It's sad news, but it sounds like it was a true blessing. Good luck with everything. Just enjoy being pregnant... it goes really fast and it's a special time. Can't wait to hear more! =)

Tibett said...

I am so excited for you, and I can't wait to see these cute babies. You will be wonderful parents, and very busy parents!

Amanda said...

I didn't know you were prego. Congratulations. I am sorry to hear about your loss. Twins will be awesome. Good luck! When are you due?

Liza said...

I'm glad you're ok, Keri. And so sorry for your loss. But it sounds like the pregnancy will be much less complicated--which is wonderful for you and the two babes. We're praying for you!

Whitney said...

Keri congratulations! I didn't know that you were expecting! Twins will be wonderful and you guys will be awesome parents. Those kids are very lucky! I will be thinking about you throughout the pregnancy. We'll be there in August so I'll have to make sure and see you then...hopefully a shower or something will be happening while I'm there!

Tracy Peterson said...

I am so happy that you are doing well. Twins will be so much fun! Take care and congrats again! Love and miss you!

Ashlie said...

I am so sorry, but so happy for you too! Congrats again. Everything happens for a reason. This is going to be so great! Twins!! Yea for you guys:)

Natalie said...

Keri- Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! It made me cry for JOY that you are pregnant!!! I did not even know that you were expecting! I am truly sorry for what happened, but it is a blessing in disguise. TWINS!!!!! You are going to be the best mommy!!! I am so so happy for you!!!!! When are you due???? I would love details:)

Natalie said...

Keri- Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! It made me cry for JOY that you are pregnant!!! I did not even know that you were expecting! I am truly sorry for what happened, but it is a blessing in disguise. TWINS!!!!! You are going to be the best mommy!!! I am so so happy for you!!!!! When are you due???? I would love details:)

Sarah said...

You are going to be such great parents!

Amanda said...

I am so happy that you guys are being blessed with two healthy babies. What one can one ask for!?!? I can't wait to hear what you're having. Congrats!