On Saturday May 16th, Tay ran the Ogden Marathon and did AMAZING! I have had many proud moments recently with my husband and this is definitely one that tops my list. Tay is such a great runner and has wanted to qualify for the Boston Marathon. Well he finally did it! He finished in 3:07:57. He took 5th in his age division and 50th out of over 2000 people. He really is a specimen. I LOVE YOU BABY AND AM SO PROUD!!! Hopefully we can run the Boston Marathon together
Mile 8-9 (He wasn't feeling very good at this point, but still was doing good)
Tay's dad, Cregg, came and supported Tay with me. It was so great to have him there. He is a marathoner himself and has done over 50 marathons.
Tay coming into the finish line
This is his finish time (you can see his hat on the bottom of the picture...he actually finished 3:07:57, but this is the clock time that showed when he crossed.
He was so emotionally happy after...I was crying when I saw him approach the finish line. Marathons are very emotional. We both hugged and cried after he crossed the finish line. I was crying watching some people run that I know had a harder time running and it is so motivating! You can do anything that you desire to do. I really miss running more than words can express, but the #1 important thing for me to do right now is to keep my babies healthy.
I'M SO PROUD (poor Tay couldn't stand up because his back hurt so that's why we are bending over)
Later that night we had a little goodbye party for Teddy and Scott who are going away to Dental school in Omaha, Nebraska. Taylor and I are going to miss them so much! They are so much fun to be around. Teddy and I have been close since the day Taylor and I started dating (which was over 10 years ago) and Scott and Tay are like long lost brothers. They get a long so well! We wish them the best, but hope they know how much they are going to be missed!

7 comments:
That is amazing! 3 hours is SO fast! I ran on Saturday too, and I'm pretty sure I saw you driving up the course in a black car. Congrats for Taylor!
That is amazing that you both can run that fast:) Congrats!! Al is waiting to see if he gets in the NYC marathon this fall.
I am so inspired by Taylor, maybe I will go run a marathon. Wait....nope probably not. Maybe a half?! He is amazing, what a fun hobby to have together. Hope you are feeling well and that belly is growing!
What a great accomplishment for Taylor! Awsome! And I love that you both have the same passion for running. I think that would be so neat for you to run Boston together someday. I wish I had your running talent, Keri!
Hey Ker,
It was so fun running into you today! You look so cute and I'm so excited for you and your little twins!
That is awesome!! And such a huge huge accomplishment! So, is he going to do the Boston marathon then? Good luck!!
way to go tay. So i am thinking for fun you should do the st.george triathalon with matt and i next spring. They are extremely fun. We don't place or anything but we sure have fun finishing... i usually end up jogging the run but hey.. i have only done 1.. Good luck tay
Post a Comment