Wednesday, February 3, 2010

HAPPY 6 MONTHS!!!


HAPPY 6 MONTHS STOCKTON AND MCKAYLEE! (tomorrow)
This isn't the best picture, but it is the only picture I took today. I will try to take more tomorrow. Our lives have changed so much with these angels. I cannot imagine living without them. They make me so happy! I almost can't remember what it was like before they were born. They have changed so much in the last 6 months.

Stockton
He smiles all the time. He is such a happy baby. He ALWAYS has his hands in his mouth and is always screaming of joy. He doesn't like to lay down anymore so if you put him on his boppy or on the ground under toys he either trys to sit up or he immediately puts his legs in the air and rolls to the side. He can't sit up on his own yet, but loves the bumbo and exersaucer because I think he feels like a big boy. He laughs and babbles a lot as well. His favorite thing is for you to tickle his stomach with your head and he loves to lay on your lap while you move his legs like he is swimming or running. He loves standing up on our laps. He has rolled over a few times, but still doesn't do it consistently. He isn't as big of an eater as his sister, but still loves his ba ba. He gets easily distracted when eating and would rather scan the room than eat. He really is content watching the TV. Whenver he is fussy I stand up and rock him in front of the TV or in the bathroom. (he loves the bathroom...I think it's the lights and the mirror). While I get ready in the morning I usually have Mckaylee strapped to me in the bjourn and Stockton hangs out in the sink (I hope that's not child neglect but he really likes sitting in the sink). His favorite thing is bathtime. He could stay in the tub for ever. His body doesn't stop moving. His legs look like a little swimmer/ frog. He's so easy tempered and such a joy to be around. I love you bubba!
Mckaylee:
Her smile melts my heart. She opens her mouth and has the cutest open mouth smile ever. She isn't as vocal as Stockton, but once she starts making noises she doesn't stop. She is very strong. She has rolled over a few times, but not consistently. She can hold her head up for a long time when she is on her tummy. She is also very stable standing on our laps. She loves being held! I usually have at least one of them strapped to me at all times. She usually is the one I'm holding because she is a bit fussier, but so loving at the same time. She LOVES her ba ba. She would eat all day long if I let her. She literally grunts when she eats. It is so funny. When she sees the bottle in site her leg starts moving so quickly, her hands reach out, and she starts making the funniest sounds. It is almost like she hasn't eaten in days. Her laugh is so cute. She laughs when you tickle her tummy with your head. She loves her bathtime. Taylor makes her laugh the whole time. She is a great sleeper. She had a week or so when she was waking up, but recently she has been going 10+ hours (not every night, but almost every night). She is also a good napper. She loves sucking her hands and loves sucking my fingers. Her smile first thing in the morning makes the world right. I love you baby girl!
They are so cute together. They have recently been interacting with each other. They love playing with each others hands. If you put them in the cribs together you usually can find them holding hands or sucking on each others hands or hitting each other in the face. I love putting them in their bumbos next to each other. Mckaylee stole Stocktons toy the other day and I knew that this was just the beginning of many stolen toys :) Having twins is so much fun and I think it gets more fun with each day. Everyone says it is so hard having twins and I won't say that it is easy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I LOVE HAVING TWINS!!!! I couldn't do it without Taylor! He is amazing! From what I hear it gets even better with time so we have a lot to look forward to. Happy 6 months Stockton and Mckaylee. We love you guys so much and so blessed to be your parents. Thank you for all your love.
WE ARE TRULY DOUBLEY BLESSED!!!!

5 comments:

Trav and Lizzie said...

WHAT??? 6 months? That's NUTS Keri, just nuts.
They're so cute, I could eat them.
Love the cheeks ;)

Katie Torriente: said...

I can't believe that they are six months old already! Time flies! They are such cute little babes!

Don't Hit Bikes said...

Wow, that went by fast. I can't wait to hold them again. I hear you are coming up this weekend. Is that right? Call me. Love you both Stockton and Mckaylee!

Tracy Peterson said...

Happy 6 months! They are darling and growing so fast!

Blanck said...

Happy Birthday sweet babies! I can't wait to see them tomorrow.
loves