Monday, June 14, 2010

Boston here we come...

BOSTON HERE WE COME....
This last saturday (6/12/10) Taylor and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary by having a night away down in Provo :) We got a hotel room, went and had a huge sushi dinner (we ordered 9 rolls), and just relaxed the rest of the night. The only bad thing is we had to wake up at 3am in order to get on the buses for the marathon. We both ran the Utah Valley Marathon. I hurt my knee in the Ogden Marathon a few weeks back so I was not prepared for this marathon because I couldn't run much and I mentally was just not prepared, but I did it. Tay did amazing! He qualified for Boston with a 3:10:08 finish! I don't know if anyone realizes how amazing that is. He hardly ever ran more than 8 miles and he went out there and did what most people cannot do. I'm so proud of him! He is a specimen! We ran together for a few miles, but I couldn't keep up with him. I finished 3:17:33. I was happy to finish in that time because I wasn't feeling that great and it was pretty hard for me...especially the last 6 miles. I was happy to be done! It rained almost the entire time. It wasn't that cold, but rain doesn't make it super easy. It was a fun way to celebrate our anniversary! Now that we both qualified for Boston we will be heading there together in 2011!

This way at the start. We got up there 15 minutes before the race was supposed to start. That was kind of nice because you usually have to wait forever.
Keila is one of my running partners and did amazing!
Happy 5 years my love! BOSTON MARATHON 2011!!!

11 comments:

Kira Cook said...

Holy crap, you both qualified! That's awesome:) Great job, I shall live vicariously through you guys.

Katie and Jeff Wood said...

congrats to you both! I'm so glad that you are going to boston together!

al + sar said...

Congrats guys! That is awesome! Happy 5 years!

Al & Whitney said...

Keri, you and Taylor are Amazing!! You guys are seriously my heroes:) Congrats!! Als dad has done the Boston Marathon and loved it

Krystal Rose Webb said...

congrats! you are totally mr & mrs incredible.

erica s said...

AMAZING!!! That is a huge accomplishment! So proud of you both!

McCall said...

those times are amazing! way to go!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Keri, you amaze me. I mean, 3:17 not feeling well? You are ridiculous! And secondly, I seriously cannot believe you have had twins LESS than a year ago. I get that you are a runner and everything, but seriously you are tiny and your stomach is so flat, how is that even possible? You look amazing! Now if I could just catch the running bug... ;) Congrats to both of you guys, that is awesome!

Britters and Parx said...

Like I have said, you are an inspiration! =) Congrats Keri!

The Nakkers said...

Congrats!! That is so impressive that you both qualified. Good work! You better come see us in Boston - or we would love for you to stay with us if you need a place to stay. Let me know.

Tracy Peterson said...

Congratulations!! You guys are amazing!