Thursday, February 3, 2011

Time flies.....

HAPPY 18 MONTHS!

Oh my goodness...I seriously can't believe how fast time has flown. My babies are growing up so fast :( This is a big milestone in a parents life...it's time for nursery! Taylor and I might actually get some spiritual enlightenment from church. I honestly haven't really been to a 3 hour block of church since before they were born. With 2 kiddos and now toddlers it is just nearly impossible. We sit outside in the foyer all through sacrament. Well now we can maybe get something out of church. I hope they do good!

Since Mckaylee and Stockton have been out of the hospital they have been so much fun and for the first time in their childhood they are actually enjoying playing and interacting with each other. They love hiding and playing peek a boo with each other. I love when I just hear giggling and I look behind me and they are running around the table hiding behind chairs. Some things they love right now:

-They love stomping/ dancing around
-They love peek a boo/ hiding
-Obsessed with water! Always want to be filling up cups and pouring them out or just playing in the water. They either want to stand in the sink or bathtub. Right now we sometimes take 2 baths a day because they are so happy in there.
-Mckaylee still loves food! They both are love avocado and raspberries and usually mac n' cheese. Other than that it is hit and miss what they will eat. They also love chocolate milk, dum dums, fruit snacks, red vines, and candy in general :)
-They love running around. Anywhere we go they do not want to sit still. We go places like the aquarium, Costco, discovery gateway, the gym daycare, mcdonalds, etc., but recently we have been a little more homebound because of their sickness. I am so afraid of them getting sick again. But this week we have been out more.
-They love terrorizing Boston. Boston mostly runs away but when he lets them attack him they hit him and Stockton grabs onto his ear.
-They love terrorizing each other. They bite each other (mostly Stockton bite Mckaylee and he pulls her hair) and they love hitting each other with toys. I swear I am a referee all day long.
-They love tearing apart my house. I mean seriously every cupboard, drawer, closet, shelf, etc gets taken apart everyday. During naptime all I do is clean up the mess from the morning.
-They like the shopping carts and kitchen. Stockton loves the broom, dustpan, and towels. He pretends to clean up like I do.
-They would play around outside all day long if they could. It's just SO cold right now! Can't wait for spring!
-They love being held. Stockton is going through a rough phase right now. He ALWAYS wants to be held! I feel bad for Mckaylee sometimes because she is better off being a little independent so I end up holding Stockton a lot! Especially after sleeping...he has to cuddle and relax because he is so grumpy! He gets very possessive if we hold Mckaylee. He stands at my feet with his arms up crying.
-They both say "uh" "uh"...and point to things and think we know exactly what they want. Frustrating because they can't talk yet. They need to learn to communicate.
-They hate getting dressed or having their diapers changed! They fight me so much everytime!
-They love their nursery time DVD
-They loves when Daddy comes home! It is so cute how they run to the door and both want him to hold them.
-They love playing with Bostons dog food.
-Mckaylee still loves her bottle, but not quite as much as she used to. She is getting better with sippy cups.
-They love mommy's drink! I have been getting lemonade a little more often so they can drink it or they both want my diet coke!

Our daily routine consists of:
Wake up between 6:45 and 7:45
Play around, eat breakfast
I either get ready for the gym or take a bath with the kiddos if I ran in the morning
Get the kids ready
Go to the gym daycare or play in our basement if we stay home
Eat lunch around 11:30
Nap at 12:00
Naps vary everyday but without fail one of them wakes up after an hour but the other one usually takes 1 1/2 hr- 2 hour nap. During the 1 hour I have alone I shower and get ready, make lunch, check my email, and clean up.
Kids wake up between 1 and 2:30.
Go somewhere...costco, mall, aquarium, mcdonalds, target...etc
Come home around 5ish, cook dinner
5:45 kids eat
6:00 bath
6:20 play around, read books, and get ready for bed
7:00 go to bed!
7:00- bedtime....relax! Watch TV, play on the computer, laundry, clean, etc.
Start all over again

I love my life and I love staying at home with my babies. They constantly make me laugh and smile all day (and get frustrated). I truly love being a mommy!!!!!
We went to the Sandy Aquarium today. They love it there!
Yesterday I decided to take a few pictures in the morning. Literally within 20 minutes they had: climbed up and down the stairs, play peek a boo behind the chair and pushed the chair around, played in the toilet (I caught them in the act), played on the bed with Boston, pulled apart my bathroom cupboard, and took a bath. Busy, busy, busy kids
I absolutely love this stage! So crazy and has it's definite hard aspects but they are so fun and so cute! I will post more about their 18 months after their doctor appt.

HAPPY 18 MONTHS STOCKTON AND MCKAYLEE!!!!!

4 comments:

Krystal Rose Webb said...

they are the CUTEST! and they are getting so big, love it!!!

Jeff and Mallory said...

Yay for nursery! They are the cutest! Happy 18 months!!!

Britters and Parx said...

ur kids are DARLING DARLING DARLING!!!!! They grow up way too fast...I agree! Parx is already 11 weeks! I liked how you posted a schedule.I am just now trying to get a schedule going. Any tips??? And we need to set up another get together. When are you free???

Mallori said...

Wow, I can't believe they are that old! I love how you keep me updated on how old they are because it corresponds with how long I have been living in NY, so I don't have to do the math! Love ya and you seriously have the cutest kids hands down.