Friday, February 25, 2011

Winter blues...we beat them by getting out!

It has been awhile! A few things to catch up on....
Valentines Day. This year we split it up between a few nights. We went to a movie over the weekend and then on V-day night we went out to dinner with Tay's highschool friends (Zac and Kylee West, Jake and Kacey Anderson, and Jimmy and Rosie McDermott). We were in a great company but the restaurant was the worst service ever! We had reservations and didn't get seated til 30 minutes after, it took them 30 min to take our drink order, 15 more to get our dinner order, There were only 2 cooks (it was a japanese steakhouse restaurant) and then I never got my food until we got our checks and everyone was already totally done. I ordered sushi and we kept asking and I never got it til we left. To make matters worse they didn't give us any break on the meal. Not even a free drink. I was so angry because I hate spending a lot of money at nice restaurants and then to have bad service leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Luckily I got to have a good rest of the night with my hubby. I still had a good vday and Tay wrote me the sweetest note ever!

Oh the messes they make....they are into everything right now! They are also getting good at getting lids off so I turned my back to do dishes and when I turned around there was rice everywhere! Luckily I had just steam mopped the floor so it was ok they were eating off it!
Mckaylee loves putting on grandpa's glasses


Stockton, stockton, stockton...this whole winter he has basically been sick. Since November he has had 4 ear infections and has been a very unhappy child. I hate to say this, but he has truly been the devil. There were days upon days where I literally couldn't set him down unless I wanted to hear screaming. it was really hard because I have another child to take care of let's just say I listened to crying more than I ever thought I ever would have to. My saving grace was that he still napped and slept 12 straight hours at night. Once I put him to bed at 7 I would just crash and mentally prepare myself for the next day. Tay was out of town and with his boss a lot during the weeks and my beloved Mom has been in AZ for months now so I was basically on my own. Finally with this last ear infection the doc said we need to do tubes. We go in next week for the consult with the ENT, but this last antibiotic has helped and ton and he has been so so so great this week! He actually is eating now. This whole winter he really would go days without really eating anything but his bottle. He is already so little so it scares me! He also has periodically been throwing up. At least every other week randomly he will vomit. We got him tested for celiac because we think something is going on with his little tummy. With that being said we are just hoping that his acid reflux had come back enough to make him vomit and his ear infections caused him to not want to eat so the tubes will hopefully fix most things!

I'm just happy he has been so good this week. Stockton has the cutest, sweetest, funnest personality when he is happy. His little smile and laugh can make me happy at any moment! This picture was of him just laying on my lap not feeling good at all :(

We have gone some fun places to get us out in this yucky, cold winter weather! One morning we went to classic skating to the bounce house area. We were the only ones there and the kiddos had a blast!
I headed down to discovery gateway to meet my friend Brittany and her little girl and of course we went the one day that they closed early for a special event. Her mother in law used to volunteer at the church history museum and said there is a little kids section so we decided to check it out. It was kind of funny and little but the kids still had a good time.
On one of the warmer days we headed to the zoo with my friend Christy. Stockton and Mckaylee LOVE being outside. I don't think the weather bothers them at all! We had a great time and going in the afternoon was awesome because it really wasn't crowded at all.
Such a fun stage! Hope the winter ends soon, but we are keeping busy until it does :)

4 comments:

Mallori said...

Your picture with the rice reminds me of http://www.shitmykidsruined.com/ it is hilarious and I love it. I am sure in the coming years you will have plenty of these instances. :)

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Keri, first off, I hate bad service. I am a great tipper if we have good service, but I am not afraid to leave a bad tip, if it is deserved. You dinner story was frustrating! Your twins are so cute, you always dress them so cute and I love how they are always matching! ;) And poor Stockton. Sick kids are so hard. I hear that tubes are magic, so I hope that all goes well, and he starts feeling better soon!

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

The only ones at Classic Skating? That's odd! haha j/k, wow, haven't been there forever! So glad you're getting out and doing some fun things. Spring is almost here! What a bummer about your Vday dinner, I would've been SO mad, I hate things like that!! Sometimes you just realize it's better to be safe and go with Sweet Tomatoes or Cafe Rio right?! Just as yummy, you're own service and cheaper! Hope Stockton is getting better. I'm so sorry it's been such a rough road. Poor little guy. Miss you guys and love you so much and almost Happy Birthday!!!

Britters and Parx said...

I hope that you didn't leave a good tip!!! =) My husband would be so mad that I said that. He is one of those that pays like a 25% tip...so sorry that Stockton has been so sick. I bet that is hard to divide your time when you have more than one child- ESPECIALLY when one is sick. You are such a great mom though Keri! WE need to plan another Chi Omega get together. I'm going to send out an email tonight for March 23rd...dinner and movie at Gateway. You in??? =)