Sunday, January 23, 2011

Stockton's turn

Stockton's turn....First visit to Primary Children's

While Mckaylee was in the hospital, Stockton started getting sick. He has honestly been sick off and on this whole winter. On Saturday and Sunday he threw up a few times and seemed to have a hard time breathing at night. On Mckaylee's last day in the hospital we kind of thought Stockton would join her, but he went to the doctor and was fine. The next day we took Mac in for a check up and Stockton was not doing good. We got to the doctor and he immediately fell asleep on my lap and his breathing was noticeably hard and he threw up all over Taylor. After evaluation the doctor said that we definitely needed to admit him to Primarys. Tay took Mac home and I headed back to the hospital. We hadn't even been gone from there for 24 hours and we were back. Stockton was really struggling on the way up. When we got there and once Taylor was able to meet up with us Stockton turned around and seemed super happy. The doctors didn't put him on oxygen or do anything but give him tylenol. We at first we wondering if we made a mistake by going up there again. My mom showed up (she left Arizona to help me) and Stockton was still pretty good. They all left and Stockton and I went to bed after they suctioned him once. During the night Stockton d-sated down to scary levels of 74% (below 90% is critical). I was so grateful we were at the hospital. The next day (Wednesday) Stockton was ok, but not great and Wednesday night was the worst night. The nurses were in about every hour because his levels were going so low and then they would go up and then we had to do multiple suctionings and a super abuterol treatment that they only do when things are pretty bad and he just wasnt doing that great and on top of that they didn't let us sleep all night. The next day we were both just tired and he slept on my lap for 4 hours and in the crib for 2 hours. Taylor came that night and gave me a break and Stockton actually did really good and didn't need much done. He had turned the corner. On Friday he was doing awesome and by the afternoon the nurses and doctors decided we were good enough to go home. Best news ever! I can't even tell you how amazing it was to be a family again! (That's the shortened version)

Sad little boy with daddy

Stockton is not much of an eater at all so we are truly grateful for every little bite he takes (even when he is healthy). He loves water and his bath so it was nice to have some normalcy for him with the bath.
Sometimes the only drink he would drink was mine (oops...I don't think diet coke is great for kids, but I let him sip it). Also look at the top corner picture...Stockton is obsessed with his little animal blankies. He has one in his mouth almost all the time. It made the nurses and doctors touching him so much better because he was much calmer if he had one of his animals. I also had to lay in his crib to get him to go to bed. The nurse said that was the first time she had seen the mom lay in the crib :)
Loved having a few days to just cuddle with my boy and have one on one time. It was weird though to go from one on one with Mckaylee to not seeing her at all for a few days. I was so torn. Do I go with the sick child or the sicker child. Such a moral dilemma as a mom. Story of the life of a twin mom.
So many good friends brought us toys. We wouldn't have survived without them. Thanks Kylee, Chelsea, and Jessica.
Dad can make things better

Stockton is obsessed with running water so to keep him entertained I would ask the nurses if we could undo his oxygen monitor so we could play for a minute in the bathroom. He could spend hours there. It's hilarious!
Saying Goodbye!!! It was so great to leave there knowing we would hopefully not be back ever!!
I love my family and am so happy to have us all together again!!!! It's our simple life that I just love. I couldn't be more blessed.

4 comments:

Krystal Rose Webb said...

you and Taylor have gone through the ringer the past month! I'm so sorry you had to do all of this. A & I wished we could be there to help out in anyway but hopefully our prayers were enough. I am so glad your babes are safe and sound!

The Nakkers said...

I am so sorry you guys had to go through all this. That is so scary! I'm so happy to hear they are both home and healthy. Although, I have to say they are the cutest hospital patients I have ever seen.

Britters and Parx said...

Seriously what luck! Glad that you are past that!!!! How are you?

Natalie said...

I am so glad all is better now. HOw scary and sad! You are such a great parent!! I would be torn to on who and where to stay. YOu are fabulous!