Monday, May 23, 2011

OGDEN MARATHON 2011

Ogden Marathon 2011

I randomly ran the Ogden marathon on May 21, 2011. I ran under someone else's name so I purposely ran it slower and kind of went to just enjoy the scenic view. I got the time that I was shooting for (3:25) but honestly it was harder than I imaged it would be. Considering I have faster marathons, I really think I was just as tired at the end of this one. It might have been due to the fact I ran the SLC one 5 weeks ago and the Thanksgiving Point 1/2 a few weeks ago and I only got 1 1/2 hours of sleep the night before (went to bed at 11:30 and was woken up at 12:15 to Mckaylee throwing up...she threw up 4x in 2 hours. It was so sad. We had to change her PJ's 3x and bed sheets 3x. then I had to be up at 3:30 to head up to the race...I was SO TIRED!!!) I need a break I think :)

With that said, I seriously love the Ogden marathon. The whole atmosphere was so exciting! I meant so many fun people and a lot of people were unreal athletes! I'm so glad I did it and I had a great time!
My amazing friend Marci and I hung out at top and ran the first 5 miles together. She has run 40+ marathons. She's unreal!
Tay is such an amazing supporter, husband, and daddy! It's not easy to get those kids ready and push them around a race, but he does it! I love him!

This is my running friend Amber. She's incredible!
Love my kiddo's!!!! Thanks for putting up with mommy and daddy and their random saturday events :)

3 comments:

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

You're a crazy maniac. But I love you. Miss you xoxo

Krystal Rose Webb said...

I just ran a 5k last week and thought of you. I am so not a runner!!!

Don't Hit Bikes said...

Another great race Ker! Way to go - you are a great inspiration to me. Hope to see you guys soon!