NAP TIME IS MY FAVORITE TIME...

Not because my kiddos are asleep but because my favorite thing right now is putting them to sleep.... When I sing them to sleep I either cry or laugh almost everytime. I cry because I'm happy and I laugh because they are so cute. I say "it's time for nigh nigh" and all three of us walk into Mckaylee's room. Mckaylee puckers her lips the entire time waiting for me to finish and say "ok give me a kiss". She puts her lips right in my face and just stares until I'm done. Then I put her in her crib and immediately she says "ba ba" and she goes right to sleep. Then Stockton waves goodbye to Mckaylee. Stockton grabs his blankie, dede (his animal blankie), and his bottle. He refuses to let me carry him downstairs so he carries his items and slides down the stairs as he turns around and smiles and giggles at me every 2-3 steps. We walk into his room, turn on the fan, and then he lets me pick him up and I sing him a song. He trys to sing along with me and he nuzzles his head into my shoulder and face and then he gives me a slobbery kiss and I put him in his crib and he smiles until I leave the room (then he usually cries for 30 seconds and then goes to sleep). It truly is one of my favorite parts of being a mom.
Stockton
2 comments:
Oh I love this post...it makes me cry! You are the cutest mom:) give them a love from me and Izzy xoxo miss you
You will be so glad you are writing this stuff down. Priceless!
Post a Comment