This summer has been so much fun! I can't even tell you how much happier my kiddos are being outside. Water is beyond an obsession with Stock and Mac so we spend as much time as we can with it.
I mean really does it get any cuter than this?!?! Stockton and Mckaylee fight A TON! I would even say they don't like each other but I caught this happening the other day and it truly melted my heart! I am so glad I was able to capture the moment because it was definitely a happy mommy moment!
I had to take a picture of this...my cute wonderful dad "strapped" Mckaylee in her carseat. This picture was taken at the holiday oil gas station by my house. I heard Mckaylee laughing and I turned around and she was completely out of her carseat standing against the front seat. I drove all the way from SLC (a 30 min drive) with her not buckled in. Naughty grandpa!

My sister Kristin is in town for the month of July with her adorable little girls. We have hung out with them a ton. Below is a picture with them. (sorry for all the random pics clumped together).
I also went to volunteer with my friend Laci at the extreme home makeover. What a cool and fun this for daybreak. I heart daybreak :)
The firetruck was a proud mommy moment of locking Stockton in the car at costco. Luckily the car was running because it was a hot day. Stockton had a toy and his drink and he was as happy as can be. The firemen were there in a matter of 5 minutes! I can't even really tell you how it happened but all I know is I swear the doors were unlocked and then all of sudden they were locked. Thank you tax dollars for going to something good. Mckaylee was happy because she had her ice cream and got to see the firetruck.

We have been to the zoo quite a bit this summer. Mckaylee is obsessed with animals and Stockton is obsessed with water so we will be standing in front of like the monkey outdoor cage and Mckaylee with be making monkey sounds and saying "money" (that's what she calls them) and Stockton will be saying "water, water, water". Funny kid.

"icey" (ice cream) is a must whenever my kids see other kids with it so we get it often :)

The fourth of July!!!!
The actual 4th was very fun. We did our own thing. We went to parade in holladay with my dad and sister and then we went to the pool in the afternoon (even though it was kind of cold) and then at night we went to the coolest firework show at the Smiths house. The kiddos LOVED LOVED LOVED it! They kept saying "more"! I thought they would be scared too death but they were in in heaven. Thank you Matt for entertaining my children.


Cannon Family Victor trip
This is such a fun trip that we used to do every 4th of July. Tay and I haven't been up in a few years because of being prego or having crazy kiddos. This year we decided we would try it out. There were 20 of us in a 4 bedroom house. Really if our kids were older or more used to different environments it would have been fine but the first morning they woke up just after 5:00 and don't want to go back to sleep so we are waking everyone else up along with us so we went on a long drive and shopping at the grocery store to waste time. That day tay was able to go golfing and my amazing sister in law Jenny took my kids for a few hours while I went running and showered and relaxed. At night we took the kids on a golf cart ride and hit golf balls and did a BBQ. That night Stockton woke up at 12 and didn't go back to bed til 4. We couldn't let him cry because we had like 10 people right outside our door we were affecting so we kept him in our bed as he happily PLAYED and would NOT go to sleep. I laid in her pack n play 2 times for like 45 minutes trying to get him to go back to bed but it wasn't going to happen. He finally fell asleep but then Mckaylee was up for the day at like 6:30 so Tay and I were exhausted. We decided to still do the run up the pass. Cregg and Crystal (Tay's dad and step mom) took our kids and we went and ran 11 miles uphill in the heat with the wind in our face and then 5 miles downhill to the next down named Wilson. It is such a hard tiring run! I stopped and walked a lot towards the top of the pass. We also didn't have enough water so we took the chance and drank from a spring coming out of the mountain. I'm so glad we did it but it sucked! It's gorgeous and worth it after.
Once we got back from the run Tay made the decision that we should leave. It just wasn't worth the not sleeping and feeling like we were bugging everyone there (even though seriously everyone was so nice about it!) We just felt like we were on egg shells so we came home a few days early. We still had such a great time and I absolutely LOVE tay's family. I wish we could've stayed a little longer and enjoyed the famous Victor parade but we had a great time at home as well. Hopefully next time will be better :) One kid is ok to deal with but 2 sleep deprived toddlers is not fun at all...



Victor is still one of my favorite trips! I really hope Stockton and Mckaylee get used to sleeping in the same room with us someday :)
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!
2 comments:
So fun! Love those cute kiddos!
I love summer too! We sure do love Stockton, Mckaylee and YOU! The zoo was fun last week. Lets get together soon.
Post a Comment