Deseret News Marathon
July 25, 2011
This was my 10th marathon...yes I am crazy! I told myself when I did my first marathon that I wanted to do 10 marathons in my lifetime so I guess I am done now :) I don't know what it is about running races but I love it! This race was one of my hardest races because of the downhill at the beginning of the race. This race ran down big mountain and up east canyon then down emigration, across wasatch blvd, across foothill, down by south temple and ended up at liberty park. My legs were already cramping and shot by the time I hit Ruth's diner coming downhill. I didn't know how I was going to make it through the rest of the race without having my legs lock up. Marathons become so mental. You get to the point where your body is done and your mind has to keep you going. I didn't train very much for this race so I had to be extra mentally strong. There weren't very many spectators along the course and you are only running through the parade route for maybe 1/4 mile so you have to rely a lot on your music and the people running around you and taking in the beautiful scenery. I had great supporters at the finish line. My amazing running girls were there because most of them had done the 10k, my adorable kids, husband, dad, sister and neices were there and my great neighborhood friends were there too. It helps so much knowing you have so much support waiting for you. I love the adrenaline from running. I was so tired when I finished and my legs were SO DONE but it still hurts so good :) (oh and it's almost been a week and I'm still sore! This has been my hardest recovery!)

4th over women, 26th overall, 1st in age group of 25-29, finishing time: 3:12:49.3 (I was one person off from getting prize money)
1 comment:
You seriously amaze me ker! Great job!
Post a Comment