Tuesday, July 5, 2011

THE REAL BEASTIE BOYS- THE RAGNAR RELAY


THE REAL BEASTIE BOYS
RAGNAR RELAY 2011

This was my 4th year doing Ragnar Relay and was by far the craziest funniest year I have done. I didn't know half of the team but by the first night (before we even started the race) we all acted like we have known each other forever. Our team was "The Real Beastie Boys" and we didn't break character the entire time. My team member names:

Brain Wagner a.k.a. B-Dawg
Stockton Smith a.k.a. Money Stox
Matt Smith a.k.a. M.C. P-Nuss
Jaxson Smith a.k.a. Kracker Jax
Joel Templeton a.k.a. J-Diesel
Cregg Cannon a.k.a. Slim C. Sniper
Kristy Hafen a.k.a. 5 Cent
Annie Wagner a.k.a. Cool A. Shady
Suzy Smith a.k.a. Foxxy B-otch
Keri Cannon a.k.a. M.C. 36 DD
Fawntell Mogle a.k.a. Blazin' Pimpette
Crystal Martucci a.k.a. Cheetah Girl

We danced between all 36 exchanges. We had beastie boys music blasting from the top of the awesome real boombox on top of our car or out of our boombox we carried with us to each exchange. Even when it was in the middle of the night we still danced and jammed out. I was so sick of beastie boy music by about saturday morning. It was so fun to do it with my father in law and the smiths (their 2 boys did it with us...so amazing!) and their friends. We weren't the fastest team but we had so much fun!

My cute family came and saw us in Heber. And yes that is my father in law above wearing a bra. He was Hilarious!

I literally didn't sleep AT ALL the entire time. We started at 9:30a.m. on Friday morning and didn't finish until 4:00p.m. on saturday. I was actually fine the entire time until the very end when we were waiting for our last runner to come in. I was super tired at that point!

I was runner 10. I ran a easy 4 miles run at like 5:00pm on friday night, a 10 mile run at like 3:00a.m and then I ran the ragnar portion of the race at like 1:00pm and it was hard but fun. I love a good challenge :) I guess i took 3rd out of all the girls that ran the ragnar portion of the race (it's 4 miles uphill on guardsmens pass) I didn't even know they were timing us but they timed this leg for everyone.
Because our team was super crazy (and annoying) the whole time the Dessert News paper had a half page picture of us the next day in the paper. We also had 5 pictures online. It was pretty funny! Thanks to my team who went ALL OUT on this race. It was the most memorable, sleepless 2 days of my life. Say hi to your mom :)

No comments: