Monday, August 15, 2011

Lake Powell

LAKE POWELL TRIP -
MINUS KIDS!!

Tay and I headed down to Powell at the beginning of August with his mom and step dad, sister Teddy and husband Scott, brother Joe and his friend Kallie, and brother Matthew. We had such an amazing time!! It was a short but sweet. We left Thursday morning (which was really hard to leave the kids. Let's just say I have a really cute and sensitive husband and a few tears were shed) and we came back saturday night. We drove down with Teddy and Scott which was a treat because they live away and I miss them!!!! We got there in good time and got right on the lake and went on the camp site search. We found a great camp and from there on out we just chilled, water-skied, hiked, cliff jumped, swam, ate, roasted marshmallows, read, swam some more and had great conversation! It was just so nice to I guess be selfish. I didn't have to think about what I needed to do, what my kids need, etc....I just relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. I loved being with my hubby sleeping under the stars and just acting like we were just married. Tay was hilarious the whole time. He rolled up his shorts, stuck out his belly, and make the funniest/ ugliest face probably 50% of the time. He made us all laugh the whole time. It was also so great to just talk to the girls. I love hiking with Tay's mom and I loved having Teddy around. I'm grateful for family members back home that took care of my angels while Tay and I were able to get away for a little bit. Lake Powell is one of my favorite places/ vacations ever!



1 comment:

geeno said...

lake powell with NO kids! i don't know what to say except i am jealous. jealous. jealous.

contrary to popular belief POWELL is the happiest place on earth :)