Saturday, March 23, 2013

30th birthday weekend getaway

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!

I honestly can't express how lucky I am to be married to this man.  We have known each other for so long and I truly grow to love him more and more with each year that passes and with every trial, experience and memory we have together.  We such a great celebration weekend.  I was going to throw a surprise party but instead Tay caught wind of it and told me he would rather just hang out with me (especially since he was going to be leaving our of town for 3 straight weeks).  

We headed up to Midway to drop our kiddos off at Eileen and Monty's and then met Jake & Kacey Anderson and Zac & Kylee West at Red Rock (that was a surprise to Tay).  We had a great dinner with friends.  Perfect way to spend his birthday.  The two of us then stayed overnight at the Zermatt.  We woke up and had an awesome day together.  Most people would think we were crazy but our idea of a great day together was to: sleep in, go for a run together (we ran 6 miles- hard), came back and took a tub and had breakfast and then headed out on a 40 mile bike ride.  We went over the backside of the Jordanelle towards Kamas, came back and rode through Heber back to Midway.  My bum wasn't happy but aside from that we had PERFECT weather and had such a fun time together!  I'm so lucky to be able to share the same passions as my husband.  I could spend all day every day with him!  It was the perfect birthday weekend celebration!


This is Taylor eating his cereal out of the ice bucket bowl because the cups were too small...yuck!  And don't you love our pile of laundry for one run!

 
Hot man in spandex!!  Fits right in with the Europeans :)


No comments: