Rollover...
Last Sunday (January 10th), Stockton basically rolled over from his back to his tummy. He may have had a little help from Grandma, but he just so close!
Mckaylee rolled over for her first time today!!!! (January 16th) She was on her tummy doing tummy time and all over a sudden kicked herself over. It scared her so she started to panic. She is just under 5 1/2 months old, but for milestones they go by her due date so technically she is 4 months old.
They are both also smiling a lot and babbling a ton. Stockton is more of talker than Mckaylee. He is constantly talking and screaming in delight. It's like he found his voice and doesn't want to stop using it. Mckaylee on the other hand will talk a lot at certain times and then not for awhile. She is a big smiler and uses her tongue in everything. Her smile is an opened mouth cute smile. Neither of them will take binkies. They both used to and now they spit them out as soon as they realize there is no milk coming out of them. So frustrating because they sometimes just need that to soothe themselves. I have literally tried every binkie that is sold. They both suck their hands, but not to soothe themselves...just when they are playing around.For now (things can change) Mckaylee is our little drama queen. You cannot set her down. If you do she gets so upset. Luckily Stockton is our good little boy and for the most part is content if you give him a toy or sit by him. They are both getting really good at grabbing and holding onto toys. Mckaylee especially loves putting things in her mouth.
I want to put them on the same sleeping schedule, but it's also nice to have a little one on one time with them because I hate feeling like one gets more attention than the other. I need my babies to be better nappers. It's my fault for not having them on a better schedule, but with two it gets difficult plus it's my sanity to get out and go places (like the mall, lunch, my moms, costco, etc) but that always messes up any schedule they may have. We have a good night time schedule with their baths, reading a book, bottle and bed. They do well with that.
It is so much fun having them interact more. I think we'll be starting solid foods in less than a month. That will be fun. They aren't quite steady and strong enough to attempt it, but hopefully soon enough. They like being upright so much more than laying down, but they can't hold themselves up so they get a little frustrated.
They are starting to pay attention to each other more. I lay them in one of their cribs next to each other and I catch them holding each others hands or Stockton will be sucking Mckaylee's arm or just hitting each other. We also will sit them up facing each other and they are intrigued. It is so cute. It will be so fun when they get a little older and really do play with each other. I can't wait for that. Although they are a lot of work, it is so much fun and I wouldn't have it any other way!!!
8 comments:
I can't believe how big they are getting. It seems like you just had them. Time flies with one I can't imagine with two? They are so cute.
They are so sweet! I cant believe how big they are getting!
Gosh they are cute!
I swear they get bigger every day. McKaylee looks so big in that picture and so cute. Well, you are amazing Keri, such a fabulous mother. I hope we get to see you guys soon.
Keri, they are so sweet! Keep writing down milestones and memories because it does go fast!
love them... they are darling. i cant believe how big they are getting..
oh my gosh they have already grown up so much since I've seen them! they are so freaking cute :)miss you xoxo
Don't you love how they are rolling over within days of eachother? Lets get together soon, I would love to chat. I love that we share this special connection! They are growing up so much. LOVE the blue eyes!
Post a Comment