My son went from sleeping through the night or at least 6+ hours at minimum for the past few months, to waking up every 2-3 hours the past few nights. He's like clockwork now. He won't sleep longer than 3 hours. Any insight because we were finally enjoying normal sleep and now I feel like we're starting all over!
7 comments:
Make him cry it out. If you give in, and start feeding him you may be in trouble. I was so bad with Lance and it started a routine that he probably got up at least 2x a night until he was over a year. It was not fun. Good luck, I hate making kids cry it out, but in the long run, it will be huge. I'm pretty sure he is old enough, you could always call your doc and just double check.
i second that.. ask mel. you have to let them know that you're in charge. mel had this problem and then they both weren't sleeping throught the night til 10 MONTHS!!
Well I figure I needed to comment after I saw Ashleys. Mine did do the exact same thing and twins just makes it tricky when it comes to sleeping through the night and crying themselves to sleep. Give me a call ker and we'll chat. I have lots of advice and tips on what worked for me.
I don't know if your feeding them solids yet, but little John started waking up in the night too. We started rice cereal and within a week he was back. He has never been a great sleeper...I can't do the cry it out thing...one bedrooms=impossible. I hope for your sanity he sleeps more soon!
If it makes you feel better Hailey is doing the exact same thing! She went from sometimes sleeping 9 hours straight to being up every 3! If you find a miraculous solution let me know :)
I am sorry to hear that...My doctor told me that our little guy started crying right around 5 months due to either his growth spurt or it was also due to his seperation anxiety. Our doc told us to make sure we put our little one to bed while he is still awake so that when he does wake up in the night he recognizes where he is at otherwise it will just get worse and worse...I hope it all works out for you and that you will be able to sleep a bit more.
Your two babies are so adorable!
I was going to comment earlier, but since my baby is younger than yours i figured I don't have much advice to give... BUT I've heard that rice cereal can help keep your baby full longer and keeps him sleeping longer. MIght be worth a shot. Good luck! My baby has been an excellent sleeper and I fear this same thing happening to me!
Post a Comment