ST. GEORGE MARATHON 2010
Tay and I went down to St. George last week to do the marathon. It was Taylor's 13th marathon and my 7th. Tay found out 2 days before he was going to run it and of course he still did amazing (he never really trains). It was such a fun mini vacation. Our kids were great in the car and we had a great little place to stay (Thanks Meg!) so that made it easier with our kids. It was a really hot year to fun the marathon, but it was doable. Tay took off in the beginning and he was in my sight until mile 7 (right before the big hill part). I caught up to him at mile 24. We ran together for a mile and I thought he was going to finish before me, but he just stopped and I kept going. I was SO tired at this point, but I just kept telling myself that I could do 6 miles or 4 miles or 2 miles any day. It was the only thing to get me through. I finished 3:10:24 and Tay finished 3:11:44.







| Distance | Marathon (26.2 miles) |
| Clock Time | 3:11:00 |
| Chip Time | 3:10:24 |
| Overall Place | 268 / 5704 |
| Gender Place | 36 / 2463 |
| Division Place | 8 / 280 |
| Age Grade | 71.1% |
| Pace | 7:16 |







| Distance | MAR |
| Clock Time | 3:12:23 |
| Chip Time | 3:11:44 |
| Overall Place | 283 / 5704 |
| Gender Place | 244 / 3241 |
| Division Place | 59 / 483 |
| Age Grade | 65.7% |
| Pace | 7:20 |
| Sext | 3241 |
| Divt | 483 |
Tay run under another guy's name. He amazes me that he can go out and do a marathon and not really train. He runs consistently, but never long runs. I was so tired at the end of this race, but he helped me get through (even though I was mad at him encouraging me--b/c I was just pissed off at this point :) ). I was happy to get my PR! I think this will be it for marathons for a year or so.
We had drama after the race... My phone was broken (b/c I got too much sweat and water on it), Tay didn't have a phone, I lost Tay for 1 1/2 hours, our car wouldn't start and we had to find a ride home from a couple in our ward. Needless to say we only took a picture up top and then when we got home.

Before the race...
After the race with our cute kiddos

So happy to be done!
Thank you so much Grandma Crissy for watching our angels during the race! You are the cutest and best grandma ever! We love you so much! (and so do Mckaylee and Stockton)
The place we stayed at had this pond in back. Our kids loved feeding the swans
Our new favorite thing to do is to walk up and down the sidewalks with the walkers. Both Stockton and Mckaylee could go forever. It is hilarious!
They love walking together (but also try to get rid of the other one if they can)
Stockton took off when she let go. I love his face.
They are really getting to know each other so much more. They follow each other around everywhere in the house. I will randomly just hear them laughing at each other, feeding each other, playing in the dog food, rolling out the toilet paper, and fighting over the same toy. I love this age! They are definitely not easy right now, but they are so stinking cute and fun!
This week Mckaylee took her first steps (October 4, 2010) and Stockton took a few today (October 6, 2010). I could be wrong, but I think they will both be walking in the next month or so. I can't wait....or can I?!?!
7 comments:
Good heavens you guys are fast! GREAT JOB!!! I once again leave your blog jealous.... I will run a marathon someday:)
You are amazing Ker! I dont know you you do it! Love ya!
how fun that you two get do accomplish marathons together!!!!! and GREAT TIMES!!!! seriously great job!
Holy cow girl! You flew! Congrats! I am way impressed! Do you usually train pushing your little ones? Also i have a question. I get runners belly aches Every time I push myself hard which is almost every time I run. Do you get them? What do you do to help them?
You guys are our heroes. Just another marathon...not a big deal! ;) We were sad we weren't able to go down there that weekend. Way to go! Congrats!
You and Taylor are amazing!!! Congrats on your awesome time! And those babies are beautiful, and I am with you - it is so fun when they start to walk!!! Hey - my good friend Katie Miller (remember her from Chio - Katie Cannon) is looking for a house out in Daybreak. If she moves out there, you guys will have to get together, she is darling (and a fast runner!) and has two super cute little boys!
My twinners did the exact same thing with their walker. Oh that brings back memories.
Love your marathon pics.
love ya
Post a Comment