Oh man...what a fabulous weekend!!! I love my kids and missed them like crazy but it's amazing how rejuvenating a get away is with your hubby and friends minus kids. Joe's cute girlfriend Chandis watched our kids. It was even nice to even drive with my hubby without kids in the car. We sang to back street boys and nsinc and other memorable songs, actually got to talk, stopped in kanaraville, and made great time without having to take a million bathroom stops. We stopped in fillmore to eat dinner with Kacey and Jake Anderson and that was fun. It was a whopping 0 degrees there! It was good to sit down and eat dinner with them. Love those two! We got to SG around 10 and went and got yogurt with the Smiths and the Perrys then went back to the house and stayed up late talking and laughing. We heard funny poopy pants story's from the boys and then they made fun of the girls and all our text messaging. It was pretty funny to hear them all vent about how much we text message
St George 1/2 Marathon
I think this was one of the funnest halfs I have done for many reasons. This is where Discover Your Happy's name came to past.
The race started at 9am so we didn’t have to wake up at the butt crack of dawn to get bused somewhere. We got to sit in our car til literally 4 minutes before the gun went off taking pictures and hanging out, staying warm, waiting to hear the start of the national anthem. I ran this race with some of best friends (Debbie Tebbs, Jess Perry and Suzy Smith). We decided before we started that we were going to stay together. We never do that. (my husband even bet that we couldn’t do it…) This time we didn’t want to kill ourselves and wanted to have a good time. And it was a good time!
It felt so good to not run in 25 layers and a cloud of pollution. Definitely think I need to re-think living in Salt Lake City. The SG half is honestly not a PR course. It is a very true course because not a ton of gravity is helping you out. Believe me I was kind of waiting for a nice hill to just roll down. With that being said, I loved it and it was nice to not have a race that kills your legs. My legs were thanking me. I wasn't sore at all after. This course runs on a lot of St. George trails, past the Virgin River and through surrounding neighborhoods. I remember thinking how clear and pretty the skies were and taking in the gorgeous red cliffs of St. George. The volunteers were very enthusiastic and helpful and the finish line was full of yummy food. (Thats why we run, right?!?)
After the run we went home got changed and headed out to bike. It was truly one of my first true outdoor bike rides clipping into a bike. I thought I was going to die but it was really fun! We didn't go forever but we climbed up and down snow canyon a few times and I seriously had so much fun. I stayed with jake and Taylor most of the time. I didn't fall which I was totally expecting to do. I still have so much learning to do but I think I might actually enjoy biking. Sorry to all those cyclists out there that I said I would never enjoy it :) I eat my words! I will still say though that running is still cooler because it's not so dang expensive! Biking be ridiculously expensive!!
After we got a yummy dinner and two desserts: swig sugar cookies and drinks and yogurtland. I was so hungry that whole day! I couldn't stop eating! In the middle of the night I got super sick and ended up really sick until we got home the next day. Hard feeling sick with kiddos but luckily I felt a little better when we got home. It was good to see the kids.
Words cannot express how much I love these girls! We know everything about each other because of our runs. They know me and love me for ME! I discover my happy with them :) Thanks for such an amazing weekend...my idea of an awesome get away! (Yep I know I'm crazy)









No comments:
Post a Comment