Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Over the weekend I was a single woman. Tay headed out to Chicago and Detroit on a boys trip to see a Cub's game and the University of Utah vs. Michigan game. He was in heaven on that whole trip. It was sad not having him around, but I know how much he loves those things. It was also good for him to be able to spend the last weekend with Joe, his dad, uncle, step dad, and step brother.

While he was gone I went and hung out with my dear friend Corrinne Harryman and her cute little family, painted chairs for my front porch, saw my friends Jessica Bill's ADORABLE BRAND NEW BABY HALEY L., went and got sushi with another friend, relaxed by the pool at Daybreak, and hung out with my dog.

I was so happy when Tay got home. It's funny how much you miss them! It was also nice to have a day off so we could hang out for a bit before work started back up again. I love my cute husband!


On sunday night we had a big get together Farewell party for Tay's brother Joe. Unfortunately you can not see Joe too well in this picture, but I was trying to show his love for dogs. It's the sweetest thing ever! Boston will miss him so much! It will be weird with him gone!

My sis in laws Teddy and Jenny and my step mom in law Crystal at a farewell dinner for Tay's brother Joe. Look at the pretty pasta salad. yummy!



Tay and I decided on Labor Day to hike up Dog Lake up Millcreek Canyon. We woke up and the weather wasn't horrible so we got all ready and headed out. Luckily we knew it would be cold so we had extra layers, but we were never expecting the weather we received. We hiked the entire way in the snow! It was September 1st and it was 33 degrees and snowing hard. It was a very memorable experience. We had a blast doing and our doggie was in heaven. When we drove down the canyon after the hike it stopped snowing and the sun came out. We went at the absolute worst time possible, but it sure makes for a good story.


I don't know what I am doing in the picture

These are the 2 most important boys in my life


We were soaking wet, but we sure had so much fun! Thank you to my husband for wanting to do stupid things.

7 comments:

Katie Torriente: said...

Fun hike! we love taking Dobby there, but I can't believe it snowed! Weird. Well, I'll see you tonight!

Chelsea said...

That is so funny you guys hiked during that! That is one of our fav mtn bike rides.

Nanette said...

Crazy that it snowed already! Looks like you guys still had a great time!

Tibett said...

I still can't believe you did that in the snow and rain! You guys are crazy! But sounds like you had a great day with your hubby. That's always nice. See you tomorrow bright and early!

Trav and Mel...... said...

Snow...are you kidding me? Looks like fun, no not really :). We miss you guys and are super excited to see you in a few weeks.

Corinne said...

Had so much fun hanging with ya! I know you miss him but send Tay out of town more often! Maybe next time he can take Justin and we'll have a girls trip! Isn't it our turn? Love your pictures! Awesome to send off a missionary! Perfect story for your calling!

The Bells said...

Keri! This is Ashley (Mack) Bell! I fell upon your blog somehow and was so happy to see that you are doing well!