Sunday, November 25, 2012

47 miler and Scheels

I am just barely playing catchup now that I have a computer! I've gone without one since before Kace was born. So happy to get back on track (hopefully)!

The week after the SG marathon, Tay and his buddy Ryann Degraff went and ran a 50 mile race up in Glacier National Park in Montana.  He signed up for the race 2 weeks before so there was no training and he was doing within a week of his fastest marathon...psycho! I was against him doing it just because of the timing.  I am fine with him wanting to do a 50 miler but he needs to train AND have fresh legs.  I just knew it would be an injury waiting to happen but I am kind of crazy too so obviously I'm going to let him do it.  The pictures below are taken right before he left....I wanted to make sure I took some pics before he killed himself :)

All day saturday while he was running I was a nervous wreck! He was answering his phone or texts.  Ryann's wife Abby and I were texting and calling all day long hoping one of us had heard something.  After much anticipation I finally got a call late in the afternoon.  Tay was distraught :( He made 47 miles!  It rained the entire time and he was freezing/ hypothermic.  He ran most of the first 40 miles and then walked the other 7.  Once he got to the last aid station at mile 47 he basically shut down. He was so cold and couldn't keep it together.  A nice man pulled over and gave him a coat for a min and told Tay he could give him a ride to the finish or he could walk the last 3 miles.  At the state he was in he couldn't fathom being in the cold for a minute longer so he took the ride.  I wish so badly I would've been there with him because if he had a dry set of clothes and a little love and inspiration I think he would've been able to make it through but he was in a dark place and hurting from mile 1 and never been so cold.  In my eyes he finished it.  47 miles 7 days after getting his PR in a marathon is pretty much psycho and amazing!  

I LOVE YOU TAY! YOU WILL NEVER STOP AMAZING ME!! 







Scheels with the kiddos was a playland.  Between the mini bowling, ferris wheel, playland, shooting guns, giant stuffed animals, etc.  We were quite the scene...Caisa her twins and her toddler, me my twins and Kace, Teddy and her little girl, Kylee her toddler and baby and Tori her toddler and her twins.  It was like twins day at scheel's :) I love having so many friends for my friends to play with!  Makes being a mom so much fun.







No comments: