Monday, August 12, 2013

Another ER visit....

July 18, 2013

Fort building at it's best.... For awhile we would go downstairs during Kace nap and I'd run on the treadmill.  I would take constant breaks to build or fix our amazingly awesome forts.  It was nice because I didn't have to fight the kids to go to the gym and they were happy for the most part and i got some good speed work in (which now has gone down the drain).


Before the incident.... I was about to get on the freeway and my tire totally blew out! I luckily was right by my dealership so I drove right there.  So fun having car problems with 3 little kids.  So the next day Kylee West was and I took the kids to the gym and then she took me to get my car.  The kids were in heaven crashing out in the back of her car.  

Later that day we had a major incident...Mckaylee got a huge cut on the top of her foot!  She and Stockton were on the treadmill together walking at a .5 pace.  I think Stockton kind of tripped and caused Mckaylee to fall and get her foot caught under the edge and the treadmill kept going so it sliced it.  At first I heard her scream and she can be quite dramatic so I just yelled and said "no more playing on the treadmill...you guys know I hate when you do...let's get you a bandaid..." then I looked at her foot and realized that it needed more than a bandaid!  I almost passed out looking it.  I grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around.  I called the dr and he said that we could come there and do stitches so I dropped Kace off to Suzy Smith and went up to our pediatrician.  He looked at it and said that yes she needs many stitches but that she needs to be sedated so we had to go the ER or Primary Childrens.  We went to Primary Childrens and they couldn't sedate her either so we went to Riverton's ER.  They got us right in but we sat n the hospital room for almost 2 hours waiting for the numbing medication.  I was so angry because come to find out, they never had to sedate her so we really didn't have to go pay for the ER and sit in a hospital for over 3 hours!! They gave her 10-12 stitches.  So sad :( I have been to the ER way to much for my young children's lifespan.  It's kind of ridiculous!  Thank goodness Daddy showed up at the end because Mckaylee loves being protected by her daddy.  All my kiddos love their daddy!!!  She was so so brave!  She cried right when she got hurt and then cried/ screamed when they were doing the stitches but aside from that if it was covered she was totally fine.  If it was Stockton it probably would've been a little more dramatic. She is a tough little girl!






No comments: