April 22, 2013
I'll start off by saying that this really hit close to home because I was suppose to go to Boston this year with my two of my best friends Debbie Tebbs and Jess Perry. With Tay's new job and me just getting back from Arizona we decided this year wasn't the year for us to go. And it's a huge blessing that we didn't. Two idiotic brothers decided to place backpack bombs at the finish line and go off when the average and most finishers finish. Luckily my friends are fasties so they finished about an hour before it happened but being a runner really just puts it into perspective. They year I ran it I finished in 4:04 and the bomb went off at 4:10. It's just sick and wrong all the evil we have in this world. It breaks my heart that so many runners work their entire life to qualify for Boston and this is a pinnacle point in many runners lives and their experience is shattered. Debbie and Jess both had such amazing races and were on such a runners high. After a race their is always a little bit of a let down because you've been looking forward to this moment and then it's over and then to have this bombing happen made the let down beyond horrible! I felt so bad and a lot of people had a really hard time.
Back at home many people came together to support the running community. The morning after me and some of my running buddies wore our race t-shirts and ran 3 hill repeats in honor of the 3 people that died at the race. Such a horrible act of evil and it makes me scared of this world. But fear is of Satan and I need to just have faith and move forward.
You better believe that this didn't scare me and I will be running Boston in 2014!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment