Looking at these pictures just takes me back to this day....
March 10, 2013
Mother of the year award goes to.....not me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was sunday afternoon. Tay was out of town and I had gone to lunch with Tay's dad and mother in law. I came home and was bathing the twins. In the meantime I put Kace in the sink temporarily because he loves it there and is comfortable (I know it sounds weird) I was going to bathe him as well but had no water going. We had a weird water problem at our house. Our water doesn't get very hot. I even complain to Tay about how not hot it gets...BUT when you have water going and you turn on a 2nd water source it comes out scalding hot for like 2-3 seconds. Kace somehow managed to roll over and knock the sink handle (while Stockton and Kaylee had the tub water on). I had turned the corner and heard the scream! I initially thought he had fallen out of the sink but I saw him soaking wet but water by then wasn't hot. I pulled him out of the sink and took off his clothes and immediately his skin melted off. I have never had such a feeling of sadness and anxiety. I called my mother in law that lives down the street and she rushed over so I could get to the ER. I love living so close to the hospital. We were in the ER within 15 minutes of the whole thing happening and within 2-3 minutes of getting to the hospital he had morphine in him and was finally calmed down. From the moment he got morphine in he honestly seemed fine! He screamed the entire time after it happened to the hospital but medicine was our saving grace. The ER at Riverton took good care of him but after consultation decided they needed to ambulance us up to primary children's. He said the burn was over 20% of his body.
We got up to primary's and sat in the ER for over an hour. Finally the dr came in and was confused why they sent us there because there was no burn unit there and they couldn't do anymore there that they could do at Riverton and his burn was more like 10-15% of his body. I was so bothered! 2 ER co-pays and and an ambulance ride later we were at the wrong hospital. They wanted to send me home and have me come back in the morning to the University burn unit but I demanded we stay overnight because it was 1am. My cute friends (Caisa, Debbie, Kylee, and Jess) came to see me and bring me treats! My cute brother spent most of the night with me. I love my brother! He isn't the type to call and just chat but he is the most loyal loving brother around. He wouldn't leave my side and gave me the neatest blessing. He blessed me to have peace and calamity and to know that I am surrounded by many that love me and that are willing and wanting to help. I was bawling the entire time and felt the spirit so strong. Being a mom is the hardest job ever but these kids have my heart and I would do anything for them!
The next morning we had our burn appt and even though his stomach looked awful according to the burn drs they said it looks awesome! I guess red is good because it's still alive. When it's white they skin is too burned and won't heal as well. They other good thing is he's only 6 months old so his skin is only 6 months old which means it can rejuvenate quicker than older children. All I had to do was put this silver foam pad on his tummy and didn't even have to change it out (except that he had 2 huge blow outs that got on the pad) and went back in 5 days later. So easy! And his burn was in such a good spot because I could just put the pad on, wrap it and then put a onesie on him. He also said my babe would be ok on just tylenol and ibuprofen. I was shocked and asked for morphine just in case but he was right. Babies are so resilient!!! And the best part about this morning is DADDY SURPRISED US BY FLYING HOME!!! He was in training in North Carolina and took a red eye flight out to be with us and see his baby! My flood gates opened up as soon as I saw him. I had no idea he was flying home. He just walked into the room and I was overwhelmed with joy and love for this amazing dad. I so needed him to just have a shoulder to cry on! I cried a ton the day before but there is nothing better than having your husband there. He was only able to stay for 1 day (he was on a 3 week training) but it was so worth it to have him home! I love that man!! He's the best daddy and husband ever!!!
Well when it rains it poors! As soon as Tay went back to training Mckaylee started saying her tummy was hurting. We were at my moms one afternoon and she just threw up everywhere. I thought it was because she ate too much sugar so I kind of dismissed it. That night in the night she came up stairs and said she had to throw up and she ended up throwing up the rest of the night and the next day. This bug was awful! She was throwing up for 2 days and then had diarrhea for 4 days after that. I was suppose to go run the Moab 1/2 marathon with Jake and Kacey Anderson and Kylee and Zac West and a few girls (because they were taking Tay's spot) but stayed home because she was so sick! I still had my babysitter come on saturday so I could go on a longer bike ride (training for 1/2 ironman) and she took them to open gym. Mckaylee threw up and had diarrhea at the same time while she was there. I felt so bad that I wasn't there! Poor little girl was miserable. I have never seen her this bad. She would scream in pain every 10 minutes or so and then go to the bathroom. She was honestly miserable for almost a week! I love that these things happen when daddy is gone :( I'm just so grateful Stockton or Kace didn't get it because that would've made for the worst weeks of my life (even though it kind of already was)
On the plus side this little man was healing so well! He is the happiest little baby!!!!
We stayed at my moms house for 3 days while Tay was gone because we got our cabinets painted (and were suppose to have our wood floors done but the guy totally didn't show up....so lame!) The kids had a blast having sleepovers at grandmas and it was nice to have help and company while daddy was gone! The twins could play at my moms all day long and never get bored. They love it! I'm so grateful to live pretty close to my mom. I rely on her for so much and don't know what I would do without her. It has been harder with my grandma living there because my mom can't come out to my house but She still helps so much more than any other grandmas. She amazing!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment