Saturday, May 25, 2013

Training for 1/2 Ironman

1/2 Ironman Training weekend in SG!

2 weeks before the 1/2 ironman Jess, Deb and I were going to go down but with the Boston incident they didnt want to leave.  So cute Brooke and Rich Coles let me tag along with them.  Jake Anderson, Jared Snow and Adrian Brown also came along.  It was such a fun and perfect weathered day.  We started out with the swim...AAAHHH THE WATER WAS SO FRIGGIN FREEZING! It was really my first open water swim and it was like swimming in an ice bath.  My head felt like it had a cold headache for a good 5-10 minutes.  BURRRRR! I just had to put my head down and go.  Luckily Jared Snow stayed by me to help guide me because I had never learned how to site and it was way harder than I imagined!  We did the 1.2 mile swim!  It honestly was the best thing I could've done before the race because I knew now that I could make it through.  I didn't train the swim very much so I needed all the confidence I could get!



 got to love my special ed cap :) Hey it kept me warm so I didn't care how funny I looked. 
Brooke and I couldn't get warm after.  We were both shaking uncontrollably.  Thank goodness we warmed up decently quick once we started the bike.



Nervous butterflies....the race is 2 weeks away!  This sign just made it seem so much more real!  We took it really easy on the bike and stopped a ton.  We skipped the first 15 miles but did 40 miles of the course.  Then came the run.... I decided to do the full run.  Everyone else only did a few miles but I was down in SG without kids and knew i just needed to get it done.  I pushed myself to go pretty fast because they were all waiting for me.  it was so hot!  I was shocked that after riding for 40 miles my legs were fine.  They felt totally fine! Hallelujah!!! 



It was a quick trip for me.  I drove down later friday night, trained all day saturday and drove home saturday night so I could be with my family.  Tay was a little (or a lot) stressed while I was gone. :) On my way out I of course had to stop at swig and get sugar cookies and a giant DDP with coconut!

Yogurt with the girls to celebrate the girls heading to Boston
Love my DYH girls!!!
Happy birthday Stacie Manning! The Chocolate restaurant was so YUMMY!!!  Their cookie and ice cream in a pan was so divine!!!!

No comments: