Its amazing how much more fun each year gets! I love watching the kids open presents. They are at the age where they get it. They understood the whole concept of Santa Clause and presents (unfortunately we tried to talk about the true meaning of Christmas but of course the commercial side o it is way more exciting for them). One of my neighbors once said that when they are little Christmas is like 5% Religious and Jesus and 95% Santa and as they get older those percentages keep changing and hopefully when they are teenagers it is 95% Jesus and 5% the commercial side. I like that because I felt like I stressed out about them not getting what it is really about.
On Christmas eve we went over to our friends house the Perry's and made cookies and reindeer food. They were so excited to put the food out for Santa. It was the best sleep they had in a long time because we told them that Santa wouldn't come if they didn't stay downstairs. I was able to wake up, go running, come home and shower and make breakfast all before they woke up. Their reactions were so cute. Mckaylee asked "mom where's santa?". She thought that Santa stayed at our house :) it wasn't a perfect morning but it was sweet. They enjoyed opening all the presents and didn't want to play with anything until they opened everything. Stockton was content playing with his toys but Mckaylee it took a minute. She kept asking "where's my more presents?". Yes I think they are a little spoiled and I was kind of disappointed but they are 3 and I can't expect them to totally get it. We spent the morning playing with their toys (and making a total mess). Cregg (Grandpa Boom boom came and watched them open presents) and Grandma Mumzy and Grandpa Monty came to see their presents. Such a fun day as a parent and a grandparent.
That night we went to dinner at my moms. It was so fun to have my whole family there. The kiddos are totally entertained and happy at my moms house. The cousins just entertain one another. Stockton and Mckaylee aren't completely easy but it's amazing how much easier they are getting when there are other kids around.
The only bittersweet thing this Christmas was not having my grandpa around. Watching my grandma just so confused and lonely and lost jut about killed me. She makes comments like "i just need my guy. everybody has someone but I don't". It breaks my heart. It is also so hard on my mom because she emotionally needs a break. It's exhausting being around my grandma. My mom is a strong woman. I don't know how she handles it but she does. I sure miss my grandpa
All in all Christmas was amazing! I am so grateful for my little happy healthy family! I'm surrounded by so many people I know that have adversities with sick children and aside from Asthma for Stockton and Mckaylee and Eczema with Kace our children are super healthy! Super crazy, dramatic, fun, whiney, sweet, ornery, loving, tender hearted, loud, and I love them for it!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS 2012




No comments:
Post a Comment