12/24/12
My little man is 4 months old!!! Man I love this boy!!
His 4 month appointment was bitter sweet. He has nothing major wrong with him but there was concern for a lot of little things. The poor boy has horrible skin! He has the worst, reddest, dryest eczema. Seriously all over his body. He screams when you put lotion on. So for that reason we have to put him on a super strong steroid cream for 10 days and the doctor wants me to try not eating dairy for a while and see if it helps. I don't eat a ton of dairy but it's harder than I imagined because I always make protein pancakes with cottage cheese, I like cereal and skim milk, and one of the hardest for me is the yogurt/ ice cream. I literally ate it every night and now I have to find other treats that don't have dairy :(
Another cause for concern is he is getting a flat head in the back so we have to stay on top of turning his head as much as we can. We will go back when he is 5 months old to see if a helmet is necessary.
The last concern was that he was in the 95% for head and 5% for height and that is a huge difference. The doctor recommended we do a CT scan to make sure there is no fluid on the brain or anything. I wasn't freaking out but it's still kind of scary to think that it could mean there is something really wrong with Kace. The doctor basically said that the chance of there being anything is slim but it's still possible. The following week we went to the doctor and did the scan. He was so sweet during it.
As of 12/27/12 Kace was:
Height- 24" (5%)
Weight-14lbs ((20%)
Head- 17.25 (95%)
Big headed short little guy :) I think that's why he looks so chubby because he's so short. I just want to eat his chubby cheeks and legs. He really is a mild tempered baby and just chills but he's a horrible sleeper. Still wakes up every 3-4 hrs at night and just cat naps in the day. He used to sleep all the time but not anymore. Drives me crazy! He won't fall asleep in my arms and won't take a binky so he only cat naps in his crib and sleeps best in his carseat which is why his head is getting flat :(
He was so good in his cat scan. Such a sweet boy!!!





5 comments:
Ugh, I know how stressful it is to deal with baby health issues! I hope everything turns out alright!
I was dairy-free for 2 years while I nursed Lily, so if you want any recipes, let me know!
i love your blog (i am a mormon mommy, so it is fun to read all the mormon mommy blogs which r the best) and i know we do not know each other i saw your post about flat head and both my kids had this and was wondering if u have a chico car seat - every person i know that has chico car seat the baby has flat head and non-chico seat no flat head, so if u do make sure u take out that infant pillow and put your own noggin nest pillow. also do not listen to pedi dr - my dr kept saying we will watch it - then finally at 9 month my dr said see a specialist and by that time the helmet dr said best time to fix head is 4 months anything over 12 months is worthless - so make apt with helmet dr and see what the experts say. if flat now it is not going to get better and helmet would only need 3 months of wearing - i am just made i waited too long and the flat head kind of bugs me because i could have done something. if u wait until 5 month apt then u might not get helmet until 6 months as waiting for helmet DR apt then time it takes to make helmet - every sec matters with flat head. good luck!!!
He is definitely the dang cutest big headed short little guy in the world! :) And obviously his head is big cause he is so dang smart! For reals though Keri, I could eat him up, he is too cute! I hope he starts sleeping better. Not getting enough sleep is the worst!
Hi! Thank u for your comment! Because of you I have been more proactive about the helmet issue. I have pediatrician appt next week and head plastics specialist the day after. I guess I just needed a little push :) thanks again!!
Thanks Katie! I think he's cute ;) and hopefully even cuter in a helmet right?!? I'm thinking that its going to happen. Lots of Utah stickers ok it :)
Post a Comment