Saturday, January 11, 2014

The dentist again

Kaylee's visit to the dentist...

She was so happy before and so good! We had to wait for a long time before.  Finally once they were able to take her back they gave her a quick shot in the waiting room.  Within minutes she was staring at her hands and saying that they were getting fuzzy. Then she was out. They took her back and filled 5 cavities!  It didn't take very long so they called me back to go take care of her.  She was SO OUT OF IT!!  She was asleep at first and was then waking up but not really.  They told me that with the form of anathesia she would just be tired and groggy and would want to sleep most of the day.  Well my daughter was the small percentage that was angry and screaming and out of control.  She would wake up and scream and I would have to contain her and hold her and then she would calm down and fall back asleep. They won't let them leave until til they are coherent and can say they want to go home.  She is not a light child and is super strong so containing her was hard!  And because she was so out of it she all of sudden peed her pants on me.  So I'm now trying to contain a wet crazy child.  It was not a crowing moment in parent hood and I felt so bad for her.  We finally were able to leave but getting her out was difficult.  She wouldn't get in a wheelchair and she was screaming and flailing her body.  I'm trying to hold my purse and grab all my stuff.  I put her on the bench for a second and she fell over and hit her head.  One of the nice assistants helped me out and when we got in the car she fell over and hit her head again.  She was crying and so out of it and mumbling.  I got her home and carried her to the bed.  I was hoping she would just sleep but she was still agitated.  She finally calmed down and would watch movies.  She was so dizzy and a little more with it but still not herself.  After a few hours we went to a friends house (cute Caisa did cookie decorating and ball pit for kiddos) and she finally fell asleep on the couch for about an hour and once she woke up she was so much better!  It was a rough morning/ afternoon but we made it through.












No comments: