Saturday, September 7, 2013

I hate not being able to run...Hobblecreek 1/2 for my hubby (should've been me)

HOBBLECREEK 1/2 MARATHON
August 17, 2013

So this was kind of a hard disappointing day for me.  I honestly was wanting this to be my "A" game 1/2 marathon race and St. George to be my fun marathon race.  I wanted to PR and see what I was capable of this year after pushing speed and upping mileage.  Now 7 weeks later I am still not running and am dying!  Watching all my good friends do their long runs together and get better together and get that sense of accomplishment you do after those runs has been really hard!  I am genuinely so happy for everyone and I want everyone to do well!  I just wish I could do well with them.  

My cute hubby ran hobblecreek for me. I figured someone might as well run it.  Of course he killed it!  1:22 and took 2nd in the female 30-35 division.  He's a stud! He also was sweet and left me this cute message on the counter.  It was fun to go watch him and my friends come in (a little torturous but fun).  Everyone did great and I'm so happy for all of them!  

The kids had a good time too so that always makes it a little easier :)







I had to go burn off some steam and pent up frustration so I went and bike butterfield canyon and honestly it was so hard.  It's a beast!  (and I think I may have worsened my leg doing it...oops!)  It sure felt good though to do something hard and be outside!  I so miss my morning runs outside.  



No comments: