Friday, September 13, 2013

Kace turns 1

Happy 1st birthday
 to this sweet boy!
He has been such a joy and treat to have around.  
He still is such a baby in my eyes because he doesn't crawl or walk and barely scoots (kind of like a snake roll).  He can stand up holding onto things but not super stable and his legs usually end up in splits.  I bet he's not walking til 18 months.  I honestly have enjoyed in inability to move because it makes my life way easier but I get a lot of worried looks when they find out how old he is.  He's perfect in my eyes! At his 1 year appt he measured:

95% for head (19.1")
25% for weight (19.3 lbs)
5% for height (28.3")

He's like an orange on a toothpick... but so stinking cute! He has such easy demeanor and a easy going personality.  He is so on the go and not on a schedule really.  We are in the car so much for stuff with the twins so he naps when he can and still stays pretty dang happy.  I was so scheduled with the twins but just can't be with Kace.  The only problem is he hasn't been the best sleeper at night. He didn't sleep through the night til he was 1 year!  Partly my fault but he has also had so many small things that make it hard for me to let him cry it out.  He has been sick a decent amount, his burn, his allergies cause him to itch quite a bit and I think make him uncomfortable, ear infections, etc.  He is all healthy now so I finally was able to let him cry it out and he has now been sleeping through the night thank goodness! 

-He loves balls!
-He loves throwing the ball so we play catch quite a bit
loves avocados, WATERMELON is his fav, bananas, blueberries, applesauce, most baby food, peaches, and crunchy puffs and snack baby food/ crackers.  He basically loves to eat!
-He loves his bottle.  I need to break this habit soon or else we are going to have another Mckaylee on our hands
-he LOVES his dad!  Not kidding when I say this.  As soon as Tay walks in the door he freaks out until he picks him up.  It's actually kind of hard because he's almost worse when tays around unless he is being held or playing with him.
-He likes to be part of the social situation.
-He loves playing with lego's.  I usually can sit him down in front of legos and he will be entertained for a little bit.
-He loves water so I usually bathe him in the sink while we clean up the kitchen
He loves the blow dryer and can usually sit by me while I get ready and quite entertained.
-although he doesn't crawl or walk he's always moving. Especially when you hold him.  He can't sit still.
-His smile melts
-his gut laugh kills me
-He basically only says "da"and sometimes "ma ma"
If we stay home he will typically take 2 naps a day
-Loves putting lids on things so I can hand him a cup with a lid and he'll work at it for quite awhile
-he also loves my old soda cups with the lid and straw
-He's a ham and is the easiest to get to smile at the camera (and we all know I take a ton of pics)
-He is great in the stroller....especially when he is sick.  It's always makes him happy
-Loves doggies and animals (doesn't care when Boston attacks him)
-Loves ice cream cones




For his birthday I tried to make is easy because I didn't feel like I needed to do a big party.  We just celebrated at my moms.  I brought banners, pool with balls, and did a ball cake.  Nothing big but the kids had fun and Kace was totally loving it too and that's all the matters!











We just hung out at home on his actual birthday because Tay had done the 70.3 and was tired 














On his actually birthday there was a huge rainstorm so we hung out in the Lifetime bathroom together until the rain subsided and then I got him an ice cream cone :)


No comments: