Monday, September 23, 2013

Pre Race jitters

What do you do the day before you are going to swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, and run 26.2 miles.....well we relaxed in hot tub, ate, went to a movie, ate more, dropped off gear and bought last minute rain cold proofing materials, and ate more :) Because I can't work out like normal I feel like i'm in a constant taper and carb load because I'm eating crap!  At least it was yummy crap and I had fun doing it.  Saturday was seriously so scary because it was POURING rain and windy and cold and it would've been the worst day ever to have an ironman!  It was snowing up where the bike and run finished. I honestly think the race would've been cancelled if it would've been on saturday Sept 21st.

It was so fun to just relax with my hubby.  We had so much fun together!  I love this man!  He's my BF!

 It was fun to see his buddy's Cody Haycock and Jared Snow before the race


 Carb loading :)


We had to put garbage sacks all over his bike because of the rain
 I love these buddies!!!



 You can't tell from this movie theater but it seriously is the tiniest theater and holds like 30 people

 Pouring rain....getting nervous about the race!!!!




Oh and minor detail of the day...it was the Utah vs. BYU game!  We went to the sports grill at the hotel and were able to watch the 1st half and it was a good day because THE UTES WON!!!! Made the night even better but it also made Tay go to bed too late but he had to watch it!  
 Not paying any attention to us because the game was on

A little body marking session in our room...
 Tay couldn't help but show off his hot pot belly :)



And the night before is here and gone....the hourly countdown is on!

No comments: