Friday, September 6, 2013

Injuries suck, southtowne mall, and zoo

Injuries suck!!!
Not running sucks!
I honestly am having a hard time with this.  For the first time I was training a ton for my target races.  I upped my mileage a ton, I started running 5-6x a week vs. 3 and I started doing speed and tempo work and honestly I was working my butt off.  Well I guess I was working too hard and wasn't smart with some things. I did a speed workout and then the next day a tempo run around the lake and I felt my hamstring kind of pull and then later that night i pulled it even more while trying to contain my tantruming daughter. I think I worsened it with the timp 1/2 marathon because it kills!  

 Here's a pic of my other kids :) Nixon and Kinzley West are honestly like my kids.  Kylee and I call each other our sister wife because we bail each other out all the time!  When the kids were younger Mckaylee and Nixon played better together but now that they've gotten older kaylee has gotten way into girl things and doesn't play as good with them.  It's funny how you don't teach them to be girly but it still happened.  They still are fine together but Stock and Nix tend to do more together.  They are like best friends and siblings because they fight all the time too.  


  Southtowne mall outing.  One day with daddy the weather was bad so we decided to go to dino towne, ride the train and get some food.  Anything with dad is a special treat!


Zoo...This new splash pad is awesome!  it's nice to have somewhere for kids to go when they are hot. I don't go to the zoo very much in the summer because it's so hot but this honestly helps!!!  Thank goodness for passes!  My kids and are I happier when we are out doing things so we love our passes.  Zoo is one of my favorites.  I just wish it was a little bit closer.  The good thing is my parents are right up there so we usually just make a day out of it.  And of course they loved having daddy there (after he got back from a long bike ride).





 My little monkeys


No comments: