I love my kids preschool. Puddle Jumpers is the best! They love going (for the most part...they battle me on going to a lot of places but always end up having fun!) They go 3 times a week for 2 1/2 hours and I'll be the first to admit its the best! They are happy and learning and thriving and I'm happy to have a little bit of a break. This week they learned about the letter E so they happily came home wearing their Elephant Ears.
I will totally admit that my sweet 4 year old little girl has been going to bed with a bottle of water for the last 2 years of her life. I know she's 4 years old but I never saw the harm in water and it made my life so so much easier (aside from her waking up with super wet pull ups and crying if she dropped her bottle in the middle of the night). We went to the dentist last week and he told us she has 5 cavities!! yikes! The sugar I give her as a mom obviously hasn't been a good idea and is not manifesting! He also said she has a little bit of an overbite (not shocking with all the bottle sucking) so we decided it was time to get rid of this bottle! I knew it was going to be hard and I was right! We bought Kaylee a dede just like Stockton to see if it would help. The last 4 nights one of us has had to fall asleep with her. She usually cries upstairs before we even go downstairs and says how much she misses her baba (yes she 4 and can talk like an adult but she calls it her baba). One of the nights I started crying because she was so sweet. She said (as she was crying) "mommy can I just see my baba?" so I showed it to her (because unfortunately we can't just throw them out because Kace still drinks them) and she looked at her bottle and said "I just miss you so so much! I wish I could take you to bed with me. Why did the dentist say we can't be together?" (we told her the dentist said we had to get rid of the bottle). I seriously was crying while she was crying because she was so so sweet about it and is genuinely devastated. I carried her downstairs and with Stockton we read a few books, said a special prayer about being comforted without her bottle, sung stockton to sleep and then I lay with her. I just stroke her hair and hold her and let her know she's a big girl and that I'm so proud of her. I've fallen asleep with her the last 3 nights. She's ok once she falls asleep but it's hard for her. She puts the dede in her mouth but she says it's not the same. "mommy I like my baba not my dede. I miss my bobby". She has come up into our bed a few times too and I'm totally fine with it. I hope this get easier soon. She really is so so sad. I know it's beyond time to get rid of it but I think that's why it's even harder. She's truly ADDICTED! This sweet little girl just melts me. Every morning she is so proud of herself when she has made it through the night and every day I've gotten her a little treat or prize (I'm all about bribery). I love you Mckaylee and I hope you know how proud I am of you for doing such a hard thing!




No comments:
Post a Comment