Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Reason I've been in so much pain...

So after feeling injured since July I decided I'm getting fed up with the pain I've experienced and want to know what the heck it going on!  I waited doing MRI because we had to pay out of pocket but I finally decided enough was enough... I went in and initially both my buddy Matt Smith and notes on the radiologist report said Osteitis Pubis so all weekend that's what I was lead to believe... 

finally On monday I got a phone call from the Sports Med dr and he said "Ker it's not good news...you have a stress fracture in your pelvis and have a smaller tear on the anterior part of it as well."  I about died because from all the treatments I've been doing (A-stem, ART, multiple massages, PT, ice, heat, ibupofen, laser therapy, etc.) none of them have really indicated a stress fracture.  massage guy and matt did a test that normally someone with a fracture would be in a ton of pain and I was ok.  The second thing the dr said "are you in a ton of pain? b/c you should be".  I don't know if I take that as a compliment or not but apparently I haven't realized how bad it is because maybe other parts of my body are masking the pain. Don't get me wrong I've had quite a bit of pain and I can't even think about running and there's always a dull ache but its not debilitating for my normal life which I'm really grateful for.  Honestly this sucks so bad.  Recovery is 3-6 months from now.  I've already been not running and taking it easy for almost 2 months.  Shoot me now!  I just want to run!  But I want to get better so I will take the proper time off and I'm going to get this sucker healed!  I can do eliptical and bike and swim and other things as long as I take it easy.  The only way to heal this is to REST! Not what I want to hear but at least I will eventually be able to run again.  I love running so much!  It makes me happy!!!  It's so hard not to go on long runs with my friends, miss races, and even the few upcoming races i'm doing...I can't do St George or NYC.  Seriously so disappointing!  But with that said it's not my only thing in life and I'm so so blessed with 3 amazing kids and an amazing hubby and I just need to focus on other things in my life.

Not running is going to be so hard and honestly depressing but I am choosing to not be depressed and just move on. Thank goodness I can workout still and I will just keep myself busy with other things :)  I have signed up for Boston so I need to heal so I'm ok for April 2014!!!





1 comment:

Preston and Jamyn said...

Oh my goodness! I'm sorry Keri! Injuries are seriously the worst. A girl on my team had this exact same fracture in June and she is just now dancing again. You will recover in no time and be right back at it! Hang in there!!! xoxo